Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Brick Red 6MT w/ARB Deluxe Front, Warn 8,000lb winch
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love the interior of my FJ, the space fits me very well and I like how everything is laid out on the dash. However, one thing I CANNOT get used to is the rattle of the Compass/Thermostat/Incline Gauge. The plastic panel that covers the back is always slightly rattling. I don’t think it’s necessarily loose, just is one of those pieces that can’t avoid vibrating when driving.
My question is if anyone has come up with a relatively easy fix for this? I don’t want to just take that panel off and then glue it down, on the off chance that I need to remove it at some point for repairs or whatnot.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
495 Posts
Something you can try that should not harm anything is to take a black zip tie and cut off the tip area. You will need to figure out the proper size / thickness of the zip tie. The zip tie tip area is tapered, on the windshield side take a small flat tip screwdriver or plastic tool and gently make a gap to insert the zip tie piece. Hopefully it will take up the gap / stop the rattle and should not be noticeable.

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine has never rattled. Perhaps you can remove your cover and find out why it is loose and fix that.
Agree with that. My 2014 came without this dash gauge cluster so I added this OEM part myself (cut a hole, added cluster, under-piece that pinches the gauge assembly down to the dash, gauge cover/hood, and a different wiring harness). Properly installed, nothing about it should rattle. I wonder if a nut that holds the assembly down to the dash on the inside has come loose 🤷‍♂️

1 - 4 of 4 Posts