Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if there is anyone that offers the weld-on diff armor for the FJ axle. I ordered the E-locker guard and AllPro weld-on diff armor from a company that claimed they had everything in stock. I guess Allpro has discontinued the diff armor, so now I can't get it.:flame: I wanted to go this route instead of the bolt-on armor because it would have saved me $200-$300.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I am looking at your list of mods, why would you now decide to take a shortcut on the diff armor? Get the right stuff. Checkout Outrider Offroad Armor it is available at TRDParts4U, a site sponsor.

(I am not employed by either company, just a pleased customer.)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at your list of mods, why would you now decide to take a shortcut on the diff armor? Get the right stuff. Checkout Outrider Offroad Armor it is available at TRDParts4U, a site sponsor.

(I am not employed by either company, just a pleased customer.)
I don't think the route i'm wanting to go is a "shortcut". It still protects the most vulnerable areas on the axle at a much cheaper price. I would love to have the Outrider or Boztec diff armor but I'm trying to keep the cost down.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much is one of those old All Pro weld-on diff things worth? I might have an unpainted one in my shed (no joke, long story). :lol:
It was selling for $59, but send me a PM with what you think is fair. :cheers:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When I searched the weld-on diff armor I found ones to protect the pumkin cover but didn't cover the locker's external controls. The locker was my concern. Good luck, hope you find the one you need.

Polyperformance shows they have them too.

Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Bumpers & Armor*::*All-Pro Off-Road*::*Toyota FJ Cruiser*::*All-Pro Offroad Toyota 07+ FJ Cruiser Rock Stopper Differential Armor - 4X4 Off-Road Parts, JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CNC
Polyperformance is actually the company that I ordered the diff-armor from. I called them 3 weeks after I placed the order to find out the status, and thats when I found out it was discontinued. Thanks for looking:cheers:

I have the E-locker guard, just need the diff.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Trailgear makes a nice one and it's under $40. This is for a weld in diff guard,not an elocker guard.
I did need to trim it slightly to get a close fit and added a bottom skid.
These don't offer the same protection you will get from a Boztec bolt on skid.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I've never heard of anyone actually damaging their E-locker on a rock, but I'm sure it could happen and it probably has. I doubt that the armor is a major upgrade because the bolts that hold it on are extremely wimpy and by interposing another piece of metal, they're levering even farther... plus the "armor" adds even more leverage than that.

Honestly I'd be surprised if the E-locker armor could take the same hit as the E-locker itself. I'm pretty sure that a solid hit to the armor would snap bolts and break the mechanism, while the same hit to the locker itself would not.

With regard to inexpensive weld-on diff armor, it's sold all over the place under the name "quarter inch plate steel". I'm certain you can find it locally without having to concern yourself with the cost of shipping. ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trailgear makes a nice one and it's under $40
I did trim it slightly to get the close fit I wanted but still well worth the price I paid.
Thanks! I was actually thinkin about trying the one for the older axle. Do you have any pictures by chance? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Your rear axle is a standard 8" third like every other Toyota, you can find them at RuffStuff Specialties, Marlin Crawler, etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts