Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my FJ. I hate the compass. Only 8 point resolution. That means I have to turn 45 degrees to get it to move to the next stop. 16 points on the compass dial and it will only stop on 8 of them.

Is there an after market fix for the one really lacking piece of equipment on my FJ? (I actually do use a compass. This one is so bad, I have one in the glove box when I need the compass.) With double the current resolution. I would still have to occasionally use my compass but not nearly so often.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I didn't get the upgrade package with mine, so I went out to Bass Pro shops and got an Optronics in the boating section. Mounted it on the dash with some double face tape and it works great. I know it kinda makes you feel bad when you pay for the upgrades and they don't work so well.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
You could always try marine compasses like these 2 from Ritchie. I like the digital style myself - it might fit/look nice in the dash tray! :thinkerg:

Mike

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
one word....GPS.....
And what happens when your GPS can't get a fix?

OP - as far as fitting something inside the pod, you might want to look into an aviation compass. The original style is like this:

The newer styles are like this:

If you actually did make that happen, I'd love to see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts