Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to praise the customer service of a company when it treats me right, and I don't particularly like bashing anyone . . . . even when I typically do have the justification to do so.

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no reponse to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Has anyone dealt with this company before and had either positive or negative experiences??

(Moderators: Feel free to move or delete this thread if you think it's inappropriate.)

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i just ordered my gas can mount thingy from them on monday night. i just got the charge on my card today. i only got a confirmation email. hoping i will get a shipping email with tracking no. soon.

i hope your issue gets resolved and i hope i dont have the same issue.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll be the first to praise the customer service of a company when it treats me right, and I don't particularly like bashing anyone . . . . even when I typically do have the justification to do so.

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no response to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Has anyone dealt with this company before and had either positive or negative experiences??

(Moderators: Feel free to move or delete this thread if you think it's inappropriate.)
I;m glad someone else noticed this place.

I ordered some Blitz Jerry cans, caps, Conn-Fer mounts and a spare tire mount from them. They told me they would be shipped out the next day.

After about 2 weeks I called to get a tracking number. They wouldn't give me one and only told me that they were in transit. I called and finally got hold of them (10:A mountain time is usually the best time to reach them) They told me that they don't have a warehouse and they drop ship everything. They arrived about 3 weeks later after numerous calls and e-mails.
I hope you get your stuff and keep us posted.

-Ben

·
Registered
464 Posts

But, a non-delivered accessory item order of over a month ago, a charge to my credit card, and absolutely no reponse to several weeks of numerous emails or phone messages has left me kinda cold with these guys.

Threaten them with a credit card chargeback unless they respond with a delivery date. That has always worked for me in rare cases like this. Sorry to hear of your grief.

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Threaten them with a credit card chargeback unless they respond with a delivery date.
If I could get ahold of them, I certainly would. They don't appear to be big on being contacted. No replies or acknowledgements to any emails whatsoever, and a dozen phone calls have resulted in a recorded message saying, "Voice mailbox is full . . . . Goodbye" . . . . disconnect . . . . dial tone. :mad:

Fortunately, it was just a HiLift jack handle "Isolator," but places like this concern me when contemplating a more substantial purchase, which is very unlikely to ever happen with this company.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They told me that they don't have a warehouse and they drop ship everything.
That's scary. Like a major manufacturer really gives a rats ass about being expeditious in packing up and shipping out a single gas can or two.

Thanks for the warning, they'll never see any money from me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
WOW! Glad I read this chain. I was ready to drop $700-$1000 on recovery stuff, gas cans, mounts, jacks etc... I'll have to collect this stuff elsewhere

·
Registered
872 Posts
They look pretty small time based on their website. I could be wrong, but the "mailbox full" message makes me think they have ONE employee. It's inexcusable.

I say we all keep calling them for LandCruiserSteve until THEY give HIM a call back. Their website also has a fax number to inundate.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great thread.
I bought my recovery strap, hi-lift jack, shackles, and more for our Moab trip.
After being unable to contact them for a few weeks I had Amex cancel the order.

Total amatures, people should be warned.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Oh great-I ordered the gas cans from them 1-2 weeks ago and have not recieved it or heard from them-I guess I had better call too.
Thanks for the heads up

·
The Laughing Member
9,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sent them this final email, along with an invitation to visit the Forum and read this entire thread as well.

To: [email protected]
Date: 6/8/2007 2:19:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Okay then . . . .

Since you refuse to respond to any of my many email inquiries or take any phone calls about my order from a month ago that was never received, I will contact my credit card company for cancellation of the funds.

Also, you can read this:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/29135-any-dealings-offroadrecovery-com.html

You can rest assured that you will never receive another order from me.

Steve Bolander

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just sent them this final email, along

You can rest assured that you will never receive another order from me.

Steve Bolander
....or anyone else on the Forum.

-Ben

·
Registered
839 Posts
+1:twak:

·
Registered
464 Posts
They say a dissatisfied customer complains to an average of 5 people about their bad experience. Well our awesome forum community multiplies that by 1000.
They are really stupid to show such disregard to their customers.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
dang it, now i have to call and cancel my order too cause i guess these guys are a bunch of jacka$$es....

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I would stay away from them with a 20ft pole. took them two and half months to deliver.I only received the item after paging them every hour for two days.Ther customer service is lousy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed an order 2 months ago and no word. I've tried to call (mail box full) and sent several e-mails. All they did was take my $$$.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
I had a problem similar to the ones mentioned here in February 07, before I joined the Forum. They became distant and mysterious after they got my money. I have a friend with the Colorado State Bureau of Investigation working in their organized crime unit. I asked him to help me out. He drove to the hovel in Dacono, about 40 miles north of Denver and said, WTF? And the order was forthcoming.

I was lucky because I knew somebody who would go and do me a favor and apply pressure. However I recommend that you each go to http://www.ago.state.co.us/consumer_protection.cfm?MenuPage=True, file a complaint with the Attorney General, State of Colorado, and then follow up a week or so later with a phone call. Consumer Complaint Line - in Denver and Out of State - 303-866-5189 /// Consumer Complaint Line - Outside of Denver but in Colorado - 1-800-222-4444.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And meanwhile, charge-back the credit card.

Take no prisoners :ninja:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts