Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything ordered, rc 6 inch lift, rock crawler wheels, wheel spacers. All i have left to get are tires. Ive done internet resurch, gone to 5 or six tire stores like big o and americas tire. For 315/70/17s everybody wants between 200 and 300 plus right around 100 more to mount and balance. I was just wondering if anybody knows where the good deals are at. I know im going to have to spend a little bit, but some of these prices are a little to expensive i think. Thanks alot for your help.

jason

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I noticed something similar with the chain stores. I went to a small local store in town. The tire price they quoted me was a couple of dollars more per tire than the chain store but the labor for mounting and balancing was virtually free. Even though the price was a couple dollars more per tire I saved over $200 dollars by going with the little guy in Labor and the price of the extra warranty. Plus I just went in a couple of days ago to get my tires rotated and the guy was out by the FJ to get the keys before I even went into the building.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Where do you live? Sometimes you can find local deals.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You might be able to find some kind of deal around town to get them at a cheaper price than on the internet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went to a local 4X4 jamboree and 4 wheel parts was there. I got 5 Pro Comp xtreme M/T 285/75R16 for $828.00 free shipping and no tax. I talked my local Sam's Club and they will mount and balance them for me $12.50 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts