Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any beaches that i can legally drive on near Virginia Beach? I can't seem to find any places that allows this. I'm going there this weekend for a camping trip & I thought it'd be a blast to drive around on the beach for a bit.

Help please! :thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Are there any beaches that i can legally drive on near Virginia Beach? I can't seem to find any places that allows this. I'm going there this weekend for a camping trip & I thought it'd be a blast to drive around on the beach for a bit.

Help please! :thinkerg:
On the east coast the only beaches I know about are in North Carolina that you can drive on.....

OBX you can drive on but that is all...

Carolina Beach (Freeman Park) you can drive on beach and then pitch a tent and camp with fire all night long. As far as I can find out it is only place like that on this side of the country. We have our Lowcountry Boil there in October....

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Only the Outer Banks (OBX). I'll be in Corova next week. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
290 Posts
there are some beaches on the eastern shore of VA that are open by permit only. i have never ran them myself but i have heard that you have to wait if too many people are out as they limit how many vehicles can be out at any given time.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Had a great time on vacation. :bigthumb: There are 10 miles of beach to drive on above Corolla, all the way to the Virginia line, all beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts