Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I own a FJ Cruiser 2019 (last year sold in the Chilean market) and I’d like to upgrade the stock suspension to an adjustable one. I use the FJ to commute to the city, travel on highways but also some off road to go to the beach or snowy, steep, rocky mountains around here. I’ve been wondering in something easily adjustable depending on the situation like this type of suspension from Falcon (link bellow) but not sure it it fits to my FJ. Or if is there any better alternative rather than Fox.
I would also like to change the tire size from 265 to 285 70 R17 (32,7”) and get a lift of 3”, and also change the front and rear bumpers for metal ones.
I’m pretty new to this off road world, I’d really appreciate any tip, guidance or advise please.
SP2 3.3 FAST ADJUST PIGGYBACK SHOCKS | falcon
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

Thank you in advance
Cheers from Chile
Roberto

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
The Falcons are a nice set of kit, but Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator specific.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I run a 2 inch Ironman kit with UCAs and they work very well for most things I do. Get the Australian brands if you want longevity. IMO adjustable suspension is a bunch of marketing BS unless you’re running the Baja 1000 daily :D

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Did not know they are getting into Toyotas, good news.

4Runner kit is strange, no springs... is it bring your own?

·
Registered
2011 Silver Fresco
104 Posts
Did not know they are getting into Toyotas, good news.

4Runner kit is strange, no springs... is it bring your own?
Im personally not a fan, looks like they use a 1” coil spacer in the rear with the factory springs and reuse factory springs in the front as well. Definitely not worth the coin, $1700, if they can’t at least include a proper spring. I’d consider paying the 2k if they included coils. It’s basically a 5100 kit for a lot more money.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How long have you been running the Ironman kit? Any complaints?
Almost 3 years now. First I had their foam cell pro on my old fj and now the nitro gas on this one

it’s a bit too stiff for most people, but amazing off the pavement. Heck I’ve had a few unintentional jumps and the thing cushioned so well. I’d buy it again (and for that price anyday)

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
OP is looking for adjustability... saw the TerraFlex adjustable.

The twin tube iron mans are height adjustable, but no dampening adjustments.

Twin tube construction means smaller diameter pistons in center tube... so the 2.8" body seems large, piston is not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts