Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Fj Cruiser Ultimate Edition - Heritage Blue
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’ve recently been looking into getting an ECU tune for my rig. Having so much weight on it makes a difference and having extra power is always a plus. Also as most of us know, us spec cars are tuned for emissions rather than performance and gas mileage so I want to retune my truck to perform better and get better miles per gallon.
In light of that I’ve been researching places who have tuned fjs. One place I found is ATMDynoTuning. I’ve been talking to the owner and he explained things to me and offered a package consisting of the MyGenius device, 5 tunes (stock, eco, stage 1, stage 2, and stage 2 burble tune). In total with shipping this would run me around $850. The only thing thats stoping me is the fact that this place is in Lebanon. I also looked at vivid racing and saw their tune would be around that all in. I don’t know whether or not I would get one tune and would have to pay extra to get more or if I could get 5 similar tunes to the one other place, ATM.
all in, my question is: does anyone know any reputable shops or tuners that are located in the US that can safely tune my rig and can create tunes similar to the ones mentioned above. Any recommendations or connections would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You won't get 5 tunes and I haven't done any other research on the ones you've mentioned but I highly recommend the raptor tune from the guys out in Australia. I've got it paired with the pedal commander.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
start here:

happy reading....now at 55 pages.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You won't get 5 tunes and I haven't done any other research on the ones you've mentioned but I highly recommend the raptor tune from the guys out in Australia. I've got it paired with the pedal commander.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I only say 5 because from what I was told I think you’re able to have the tune files loaded onto the MyGenius device which you then plug into your system and select and load the tune you want. Other than that I just emailed raptor to see what they have to offer.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Another vote for the Raptor tune.

Reactions: stephous

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another vote for the Raptor tune.
I think that’s what I may go with. How did you get your CAL ID? I don’t know how to retrieve it and don’t fancy going out and buying an OBDII device.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
I believe I got the CAL ID from my ODBII reader. They'll need the VIN. But read the link below, it's a thread with just the technical stuff left in it. By now they'll probably have the files for all the various versions of the ECU

I bought a BAFX ODBII dongle (around $35 on Amazon), Torque Pro (around $5 on Google Play) and a cheap android tablet or phone. If you have an Android device you pretty much there.

Raptor ECU Flash.The tech bits only | Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum (fjcruiserforums.com)

I have the all fuels tune.

Reactions: SilvFx and debFJVT

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have all the Raptor tunes and load the one I need as needed. The all fuels tune is for every situation. The performance tune is for aggressive driving like dune bashing while running high octane fuel. The tunes all work really well and the information on the WEB site is accurate / tested. Besides fuel and timing changes the AT profile is enhanced to make use of the extra torque. I live in CA and pass emissions even with the tunes loaded.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If you want a canned tune solution on a mostly stock vehicle: Raptor

If you want the flexibility to do whatever the hell mods you want, the ability to go to almost any tuner to get re-tuned, have real diagnostic capabilities, and the ability to learn the system and make changes yourself without having to consult someone overseas: HPTuners

1 - 10 of 10 Posts