Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are plenty of you Tri-Staters here (NYC,NJ, Ct maybe Eastern PA).
Need some feedback on who to goto and who to stay away from.

I am willing to drive to a quality place to save me any headaches down the road from a bad install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Believe it or not--I suggest the dealer you got it from--
I recently had my local gas station offer to do it--they did say they would farm it out to a local guy they use---well-he apparently never worked on an FJ before--not only did he botch the entire install-the winshield was put in incorrectly, he totaly ruined my front cowling and clips--he dented the roof in numerous places. and he is has no insurance --and claims he did the job correctly.

So far==$450 to reinstall winshiled

$485 to replace cowling and clips

700 est to fix dents and repaint the roof......

Rich with F'd up FJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Believe it or not--I suggest the dealer you got it from--
I recently had my local gas station offer to do it--they did say they would farm it out to a local guy they use---well-he apparently never worked on an FJ before--not only did he botch the entire install-the winshield was put in incorrectly, he totaly ruined my front cowling and clips--he dented the roof in numerous places. and he is has no insurance --and claims he did the job correctly.

So far==$450 to reinstall winshiled

$485 to replace cowling and clips

700 est to fix dents and repaint the roof......

Rich with F'd up FJ
Just before the summit - needed to replaced the windshild; called the dealership - they do not replace glass; called a reputable glass shop - same results - they did have insurance and did buy new parts but scratched the crap out of other trim pieces; three appointments....suck expierence.:cowfrown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mrs V
Wow sorry to heat that--beleive it or not--I am still haggling with the second winshiled place. Now they want an additonal 400 bucks just for the install of the windshield. I am stil running around with a dented cowling and one clip missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.