Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be anyone in the Lone Tree area willing to help in installing a ICON stage I with LR UCA's?
I've got the basics: Floor jacks, Jack stands, Air tools, sockets etc.
What I don't have are: Tie rod puller,ball joint spreader, small sledge

The guys at Metal Tech said it's not too difficult but newbie on installing suspension.

Also want to look at a Bandi mount and cb install, 12v Power add ons as well.

The ICON's should be here some time next week. Metal Tech mentioned they'll get their supply in the end of this week (1/7)
Thanks
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could always get heat into the garage. South facing door helps a ton. I'm always flexible on timing for the install too. No sense trying to do this when it's freezing.
Since there aren't many trials open it doesn't need to be done quickly.
I can always travel too. Beers and food and a good digital camera I'll bring also for the build.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Would you mind if a newbie was around? I would like to see the work being done. I'm getting a new set UCA's this week and would like to install them myself. Watching a set get installed ahead of time would greatly help. Plus with in the next year or so I would like to put a Stage I on my rig. I could goofer tools and be an extra hand if it helps? Let me know, thanks

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Would you mind if a newbie was around? I would like to see the work being done. I'm getting a new set UCA's this week and would like to install them myself. Watching a set get installed ahead of time would greatly help. Plus with in the next year or so I would like to put a Stage I on my rig. I could goofer tools and be an extra hand if it helps? Let me know, thanks
I bet we could get yours done at the same time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bet we could get yours done at the same time.
If that's possible and you guys are alright with this, especially olygold seeing it's his set up, I would be very stoked and greatful to get mine done at the same time!:bigthumb:

I have three things I wanted to do all at the same time before getting an alignment done: 1.install a set of UCA's, 2.install skids, 3.adjust coilovers to desired height.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it works out great. I'll let you know when the ICON's arrive and we can look for a time that works for everyone. FJC you'll need to order the set up you want so it's ready as well.

Just a thought if the FJ fits in the garage to do the suspension change I'll have to look at the height of the door to make sure that we can get them out!:lol:
Thanks everyone.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but depending on when and where (oh, and the temp thing), I may be interested in showing up to lend a hand as well....on either rig.

I'll just stay tuned to this thread.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If it works out great. I'll let you know when the ICON's arrive and we can look for a time that works for everyone. FJC you'll need to order the set up you want so it's ready as well.
Very cool olygold, if it happens great, if not no worries, one way or another mine will get done. I'm placing the order in the next day or so, how soon were you thinking of planning this? If I have an approximate idea on days I can have the parts shipped sooner than standard ground if need be. Thanks :cheers:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry on paying the extra costs to get it sooner. I'm not in a great hurry. Weather being a factor and certainly not many of the trails are open anyway. Figure on looking at the calendar the end of January or early Feb. If it doesn't look like weather will cooperate we can look later if that's good with everyone.
Totally flexible here. Besides the beer I have now will be replaced with new ones by then too.
Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Don't worry on paying the extra costs to get it sooner. I'm not in a great hurry. Weather being a factor and certainly not many of the trails are open anyway. Figure on looking at the calendar the end of January or early Feb. If it doesn't look like weather will cooperate we can look later if that's good with everyone.
Totally flexible here. Besides the beer I have now will be replaced with new ones by then too.
Thanks
Sounds good, thanks :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Wow. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm game if it ends up being a weekend I don't have my kids.

Can't offer any of the missing tools, as I borrowed a pitman arm puller when I did my lift but I know they can be rented from Autozone for just a deposit.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I can bring tools too. TRE puller, dead blow hammer, etc... Not sure you need the ball joint spreader as I did mine without.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well damn....looks like we have a Colorado Garage Club!!! I need all the learning I can get! Already had and paid for my Bilsteins to be installed but am planning on rear suspension upgrades as well. Would love to be involved and see how things are done as well as meet up with some fellow FJ'ers.

Let me know.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow no kidding Olygold might've started quite the event. You mentioned a Bandi mount, CB, and 12v outlets. While I'm at your place if you want you can see how I did mine. I'll warn you though, I'm something of a perfectionist sometimes annoyingly so.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I may just have to start looking for some more mods I could bring along to do at the same time.

ONLY because I'd sure hate to see any extra folks standing around without something to get their hands dirty :cheers:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Well, if you're totally looking for more Icon work to do... :)

I do have Icon rear shocks with the little mini armor skid plate thingies that have been sitting boxed in my basement for over a year. They will replace my rear Bilsteins. I already have Toytec springs; just want to swap the shocks.

I'm south of Parker and have a set up where about 40 FJs could park if we needed to. I also have a huge over-sized (albeit unheated) garage. And have been known to put out quite a spread....

I have tons of tools but no specialty pullers, compressors, etc.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Well, if you're totally looking for more Icon work to do... :)

I do have Icon rear shocks with the little mini armor skid plate thingies that have been sitting boxed in my basement for over a year. They will replace my rear Bilsteins. I already have Toytec springs; just want to swap the shocks.

I'm south of Parker and have a set up where about 40 FJs could park if we needed to. I also have a huge over-sized (albeit unheated) garage. And have been known to put out quite a spread....

I have tons of tools but no specialty pullers, compressors, etc.
Fred!!!! Haven't seen you post in a while. How you been buddy? Sounds like you have a sweet set up for wrench night. Get 40 FJs in there and start working and you guys won't need heat!:cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts