Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 838 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the bad news and horror stories on this forum I would like to know if anybody has a high mileage FJ. If so how many miles and what kind of troubles if any have you had. I like this truck and would hate to think it is fragile.

Andy S.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just passed 40K miles about 12K in the last 2 months (lots of drivin) with no problems. I take it off road about every other month. This truck does not seem fragile in the at all.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
22K - under a year old. No problems, just a happy and healthy FJ. Well, he doesn't like pavement, but he puts up with it daily....

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've got 30,000 trouble free miles.

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I know a guy with 40,000 miles - not a single problem. He says all of his vehicles get windshield cracks since he drives so much and encounters all kinds of road conditions.
Don't peeps out west go through about a windshield a year ? Every time I'm out there it seems that about half the vehicles on the road have cracks. In Wyoming and Montana they use friggin gravel on the interstates. . . that's where I cracked the last windshield in my business truck.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Don't peeps out west go through about a windshield a year ? Every time I'm out there it seems that about half the vehicles on the road have cracks. In Wyoming and Montana they use friggin gravel on the interstates. . . that's where I cracked the last windshield in my business truck.
Yeah lotta gravel out here, 4 windshield cracks for me, haven't replaced it yet.

I have 34,000 miles on mine in 11.5 months. The first 3 months I had it I drove it an average of 1100-1300 miles a week. A lot of offroading. No problems.

·
Registered
170 Posts
as of RIGHT NOW 39,865. My Fj turned 1 year old 1 August 2007. The only problem I have had is some schmuck hit my driver's mirror while parked. ...the bonus out of the mess was I took it to "the BODY SHOP @" Andretti Motors.... Discovering these guys was something! The use Lean Manufacturing systems and the pricing was incredible and the turnaround time perfect. "The BODY SHOP @" is a franchise at a number of dealers and is growing.

Only other issue is a windshield crack...but that is normal... I usually replace a windshield on any vehicle at least once a year with all the highway driving.

i have a rear rattle that sounds like the ball hitch in the tube when I don't have it installed but I have not located that rattle yet.

Otherwise, hell, it's a Toyota. I've still got another 80,000 miles before it's broke in!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know a guy with 40,000 miles - not a single problem. He says all of his vehicles get windshield cracks since he drives so much and encounters all kinds of road conditions.
Ive got over 400,000 on a Dodge truck, and a Buick I've had for 26 years never had a cracked windshield.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts
That is not gravel...it's landscaping rock. They have to use that so the wind doesn't blow it away.:rofl: :rofl:

Just about to roll over 30,000 in the next day or two. No problems except a couple of windshields last winter from the landscape rock on the roads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just passed 42,500 up in the woods of Maine. Not a single issue. Well, maybe one, if it can be considered an issue. I got a flat tire at 8,000 miles on a dirt road. Dealer said it was a rock, and it was. I thought it was cheap tires. Anyway, that not withstanding, I am about to replace the tires and happy I got 42k out of them. The FJ has performed flawlessly. Heading for 300k +

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
With all the bad news and horror stories on this forum I would like to know if anybody has a high mileage FJ. If so how many miles and what kind of troubles if any have you had. I like this truck and would hate to think it is fragile.

Andy S.
I don't think there are that many horror stories.
Other forums have more problems then I have seen here. My Landrover LR3 is always in the shop for little things and big, from a trashed transfer case (11,000 miles) to door trim falling off 4 or 5 times.
Even with the difficulties posted on this and other forums I think the FJ is more solid and well built then most.

1 - 20 of 838 Posts