Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a bunch of us in the Morgantown/ Clarksburg area....even people further away if interest is great enough

We could just start off small....meeting monthly or even quarterly...

I wouldn't mind organizing... just let me know!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I'm definitely down. There has got to be plenty of FJs running around WV that would be interested as well.

btw, you weren't in Thomas this weekend were you, saw a blue FJ with a toy rack and a hi-lift jack strapped to the back of the rack, this your rig?

Edit: guess it was you ha ha, didnt read the visitor message till after I posted this. Thanks!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely down. There has got to be plenty of FJs running around WV that would be interested as well.

btw, you weren't in Thomas this weekend were you, saw a blue FJ with a toy rack and a hi-lift jack strapped to the back of the rack, this your rig?

Edit: guess it was you ha ha, didnt read the visitor message till after I posted this. Thanks!
Haha! Yeah I had my buddy following behind me in his Heep.. Digging the NSSE!! That's the first time I've seen one.

I PMed a couple of the other guys I know here in WV. I'm hoping we can put something together. There's a ton of FJs up here in Morgantown, but it does t seem like many of them are active on here. Hopefully we can drum up some interest. If we get something organized I might just start leaving flyers on fj's I see parked around. :lol:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Maybe we are the only two....ha ha ha.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: seems that way.... Sucks, b/c there's a BUNCH of FJs in Morgantown, and most of them actually give the wave when you pass them...

I wish there was actually a good way to get them interested in something like this

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey, aballas! Greetings from Bridgeport! You can add me to the list of potential members. I've modified the TRD a little since we last met. Here's a link to the pics showing my new Exp-1 bumpers: New Pics

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, aballas! Greetings from Bridgeport! You can add me to the list of potential members. I've modified the TRD a little since we last met. Here's a link to the pics showing my new Exp-1 bumpers: New Pics
VERY NICE!!!! Looks awesome! I've been pretty busy on my FJ as well. :cheers:

I'll keep you posted on the progress of this club..... pretty slow going. Haha! :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm interested, I think it has potential. I'm surprised with the amount of FJs in Morgantown. When I first got mine, I hardly saw any. Now I see 2-3 every time I drive across town.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm interested, I think it has potential. I'm surprised with the amount of FJs in Morgantown. When I first got mine, I hardly saw any. Now I see 2-3 every time I drive across town.
Awesome!

Yeah I usually see 4 or 5 a day here...I'm recognizing certain ones I see over and over though. For example... the black TRD with the snorkel near campus, the sandstorm TT I see around randomly, and the old lady in the black cherry who lives a block away from me :)

There's at least 3 other Voodoos in town besides mine too...

It would be nice if there were a way to reach out to them without seeming creepy or stalkerish...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Awesome!

Yeah I usually see 4 or 5 a day here...I'm recognizing certain ones I see over and over though. For example... the black TRD with the snorkel near campus, the sandstorm TT I see around randomly, and the old lady in the black cherry who lives a block away from me :)

There's at least 3 other Voodoos in town besides mine too...

It would be nice if there were a way to reach out to them without seeming creepy or stalkerish...
The black TRD with the snorkel is always parked on a side street off of willowdale road. I drive by it every morning to work.

I've seen yours around once. There are 2 or 3 other voodoo blues and a sun fusion I see regularly with lifts and other mods.

Have you scene the tattoo ladies sunfusion FJ, she put eyelashes on the headlights? They stick out like 5 inches, very.... unique. Also has the weird swirly stripes down the side.

Definitely know what you mean about the stalkerish thing.

and I've only gotten the "wave" from one other FJ and they were a younger couple. They both about knocked out the windshield to wave, pretty amusing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha! :lol: yeah patty's fj is pretty crazy looking. Very unique...

The modded sun fusion in town is actually a guy I work with. He has the HUGE Hella lights on his roof. He'd prob be down for some sort of club. I'll mention it to him next time I see him.

I'd say I'm prob getting about 25% on the waves. Some people get it. Some don't. Now that it's warm I'm usually waving out the window.. So that helps :lol: My fiancée makes fun of me relentlessly when I wave and don't get one in return. Haha!

I'm glad there seems to be some interest in the club. Any ideas on stuff to do?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Haha! :lol: yeah patty's fj is pretty crazy looking. Very unique...

The modded sun fusion in town is actually a guy I work with. He has the HUGE Hella lights on his roof. He'd prob be down for some sort of club. I'll mention it to him next time I see him.

I'd say I'm prob getting about 25% on the waves. Some people get it. Some don't. Now that it's warm I'm usually waving out the window.. So that helps :lol: My fiancée makes fun of me relentlessly when I wave and don't get one in return. Haha!

I'm glad there seems to be some interest in the club. Any ideas on stuff to do?
Not really sure. If we could get a few people, just have a simple meet n greet somewhere with food & drinks. Then see where it goes from there, interest wise.

Edit....
Have you ever seen this guys website, 4x4 Icon - Off-Road Info - Alphabetic Listing of All Trips by Trail? You can spend hours looking at all his pictures and trails from the past 10 years.

Has a lot of pictures and a lot of trails in/around/outside WV. I think most of the locations they go to usually revolve around geocaching. Be pretty cool to get a few people together and find some of his trails around the area.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh wow! Nice find...It would definitely be cool to get some people out for something like that.

The simple meet & greet works too... I'll try to drum up some interest, and figure out a place..

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
We should get some guys together to do a run on Canyon Rim and Loop roads up here in Davis/Thomas....a good days worth of trail riding. Do one, grab some lunch at hellbenders or something, do the other. Both are stock friendly trails....might get some pin striping though!

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are a lot of WV cruisers that are part of the FJBruisers.org. look them up if you haven't, I'm in it and its a great group of people

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Right on Jammer, I am a member of the Bruisers, though its hard to find some members this far west. Ive been kinda busy lately.....I still need to make it down for an event! Ive only had the FJ for about 3 months so I'll have plenty of time in the future. It would be nice to have something just a little bit closer though, most places in VA are a 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No man lol we are all over the place :p haha we have a run going up to Pine Grove in PA next month! try to get to it if you can. Where in WV you at? I went to school in Keyser

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We should get some guys together to do a run on Canyon Rim and Loop roads up here in Davis/Thomas....a good days worth of trail riding. Do one, grab some lunch at hellbenders or something, do the other. Both are stock friendly trails....might get some pin striping though!
I'd be down for something like that... prob not in the next couple of weeks (insanely busy for the next few), but definitely.

I'm not concerned about pinstripes.. :lol: My fiancee gave my driver's door the mother of all pinstripes pulling her car out of the driveway a few weeks ago :lol:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd be down for something like that... prob not in the next couple of weeks (insanely busy for the next few), but definitely.

I'm not concerned about pinstripes.. :lol: My fiancee gave my driver's door the mother of all pinstripes pulling her car out of the driveway a few weeks ago :lol:
I'm interested as well... but I won't be able to do anything until the middle of July. Have this whole wedding/honeymoon thing taking off weekend after this one. A tad bit hectic right now.

How about stock friendly with crappy tires? I'm still running the rugged trails or whatever they are (At least until they are worn out, which should be when I get back from the honeymoon). :clap:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
You could probably make it ha ha. Might be a few tricky spots, and there are some sharp rocks as well. I made it though the loop on my stock HT tires no problem.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts