Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tantrum rock light mounts? I wasn't a fan of the sheet metal screws and tape so I made these:

rock light mounts 001 by cnckart, on Flickr

rock light mounts 004 by cnckart, on Flickr

rock light mounts 003 by cnckart, on Flickr

The brackets can bolt almost any where. They are a compression fit with a dab of epoxy to secure the light in the mount. Since the design work is done just want to see if people would want these or not.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pricing shouldn't be too bad. It's not a lot of metal. I'll see what I can do for pricing on a set of 8. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Sooo, what do the lights go for... do they hold up in water (nj pines are mostly submerged LOL )....

Nice looking design.... CLEAN and SIMPLE ! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I like these and would like to know price and hoe light hold up to water?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm glad to see some interest here!:bigthumb: I'll try to nail the owner down on pricing tomorrow, and we can start cutting some of these.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sooo, what do the lights go for... do they hold up in water (nj pines are mostly submerged LOL )....

Nice looking design.... CLEAN and SIMPLE ! :bigthumb:
Thanks bandi.:cheers: The lights go for $100-$120 on Amazon and such. I have heard mixed reports on the water tightness of the lights. Some guys have totally encased them in clear epoxy. I'm not planning on submerging mine, so I clear siliconed over all of the joints. I think replacement pods are about $10 or so.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Not bad... I was thinkin' $100 so, that's right there !... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Interested. You should consider making a packaged deal for lights and mounts.

I agree...I would rather buy a combo...Lights and mount that will work together as a packaged deal. This would take away any doubt or guess work as to different componets being compatible. :cheers:

I would consider this myself as I have a need for this type of setup!

Put it together...and I might purchase!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This isn't an official price announcment, because we still need to see what anodizing costs are going to be. We are shooting for a $50 range, for eight pieces black anodized. That's only $6.25 a piece. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts