Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Fj's wheel wells have small cracks in them and the black is wearing off and the blue stock paint color is showing through. What should I do? I was thinking of spray painting them or doing a rhino liner type thing on them. I will post pics when I get it out of the shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a crappy picture there is a shadow cast over the wheel well so you can’t see it well. I will take better pictures after I get it out of the shop in a week and a half form my crash yesterday.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
My undercoating is wearing thin in places also...I hadn't noticed any cracks as you describe, I think I'll take a closer look to be sure.

I bought some rubberized automotive undercoating... Dupli-Color... I have used this on many different cars and trucks and it comes in a 16 oz. spray can.

I was also happy by the sound dampening quality...stops sounds from mud,stones,water that the tires throw into the wheel wells.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t think the tire is rubbing, someone tried to tell me that it was because of the wider 20" Bbs rims but I just recently bought them and the problem occurred when I still had the stock rims on it. When I get my car back from the shop I will post a picture of one of the old wheel well and a new one, one of my wheel wells fractured yesterday in a crash and they are fixing it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ive seen that on a few fjs and it seems to be from the tires rubbing/hitting the top. The only ones I have seen with cracks also had the fender bulge/crack pretty bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts