Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hard to figure what is rumor, and what is real as far as MSRP for the FJs.

Anyone have dealers with waitng lists selling at MSRP?

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm in S.D. and have done this research the last few months. Here, I know Kearny Mesa Toyota will sell at MSRP. Longo in L.A. said they would as well, and since they're the biggest dealer in the nation they're getting the most FJC's. Bob Baker Toyota will also get a bunch but you can negotiate the "addendum" off. That's what I did. I heard Mossy Toyota and Poway Toyota might sell at MSRP as well, but they're both pretty small dealers and I doubt they'll get too many FJC's, or at least the one you want.

My advice would be to put a deposit in at Longo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does Colorado count as the Midwest, Southwest?....West Central...which forum to post to?! Such decisions! Anyone have any luck with the Denver area Toyota dealers?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Carlsbad Toyota is selling at MSRP. $1000 fully refundable deposit to get on the waiting list. Just got on today, and I'm #13 (my lucky number).

Dealer indicated that they are getting mostly base models first, but I don't know how to verify that.

Can't wait to end the waiting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
gronch said:
Carlsbad Toyota is selling at MSRP. $1000 fully refundable deposit to get on the waiting list. Just got on today, and I'm #13 (my lucky number).

Dealer indicated that they are getting mostly base models first, but I don't know how to verify that.

Can't wait to end the waiting!

I live in Carlsbad and have never had luck buying from Toyota Carlsbad even though they are only 5 miles away. In my opinion they try to get MSRP on all their vehicles and are not price competitive at all. I just put my deposit in yesterday at Toyota of Escondido for a 4X4 Automatic at MSRP and I was number 9 on the list. ( and they only required a 500.00 deposit :) )
Sean Roeder, the internet Sales Manager is very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks cruiser1977. I should have checked on Escondido as well.

·
Registered
434 Posts
As far as Denver is concerned I am third on the list at Burt Toyota. I put $1,000 down and had them sign a contract with me promising me the exact fully loaded 4X4 manual with all upgrades at MSRP. That was 2 weekends ago. I have not been in touch since. The one thing that I would suggest to anyone wanting to put down a deposit that is worried about market price mark ups, is to get it in writing. Burt claimed that when special ordering a vehicle such as this they would charge me $1,500.00 additional for what they call the Burt protection package.(underspray, scotchguard etc.) I said that I would consider it, but made the general manager sign off that i had the option, but would not be expected to or had to pay for the additional charges. They were excellent to work with and waived the extra package in the signed contract. (Good luck guys, and I'll be waiving to ya as always when I see any Fj cruiser new or old.) Cruiserdude........:cool:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just an update, I called my dealer to check on status (I didn't believe being #13ish on the list would get me anywhere), just to find out my sales guy no longer works there. He seemed so happy to take my deposit, and that's what counts, right?

My preference was a silver MT with absolutely no upgrades. The minimum choice was actually the convenience package, I later learned. That's fine. Wanted the tinted windows. I wondered why so many other members had received the phone call when I had not. I called, and discovered my sales guy was gonzo (oh well!).

The manager didn't call me back, but I did talk to a highly trained professional automotive sales representative, who told me my special order was due to arrive April 14ish.

I quickly told him, "That's fine. And I'll take either black or silver, oh yeah, in any configuration. Running boards, hell yes!"

I'm an idiot. I'm getting way too anxious. Starting to tell strangers the errors of my way.:eek:

Off to spend more money tomorrow on repairing my current vehicle. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
ToyotaRiversideTroy said:
Troy at Toyota of Riverside is Selling FJ's at MSRP!!! Check my post!!!
Troy to prevent from getting a bunch of guff there is a dealers area for you to post availability ect. (check your E-mail)

·
Registered
563 Posts
FYI...Longo Toyota is selling at MSRP and has a good inventory...different options to choose from...I pulled my deposit from another dealer cuz they were trying to stick me with running boards and side ear amputation bags...I managed to reserve exactly, I mean exactly (did I mention exactly?) what I want at Longo at MSRP and I only have to wait an extra week or ten days to take delivery after launch (between the 4th and 17th of April)...yessssss! Ask for Will Cottles...very helpful.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes, ask for Will Cottle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Arturus said:
Yes, ask for Will Cottle.
I just did.

justfred said:
I have an FJ Cruiser on order with you, with a $500 deposit 2/1/06. My specifications were:
4704 4X4 AT
Blue
CQ
UP or UR I don't really care about the subwoofer but for $50, fine either way.

I'd like to switch this if at all possible.
5L ROCK RAILS instead of RB RUNNING BRDS

The following are optional (for me); I'd buy the truck with them but don't need them:
GY SIDE AIR BAGS
3T ROOF RACK

I'd also like the following; other options I can purchase later when they become available.
2Q FL MATS ALL WTHER
DH TOW HITCH

I'd consider other options but they're not crucial.

After researching on the internet, I chose Longo because you're the largest dealership and I was told you would be selling the FJ at MSRP; you also happen to be relatively close to my home (Mt. Washington) so I would be able to use your service department. I know the MSRP on all items and expect to pay no more than that (plus CA fees of course).

When I came in to your dealership, I was assigned to R***** P*****. Please do not pass this message on to him. He doesn't seem to have specific information on availability dates beyond "the end of the month" or whether the vehicle I've put a deposit on will be available at that point. He doesn't seem to have information on options. I asked him to email me his contact information and he wasn't able to. I contacted your internet sales department and they passed me back to him. I'm either 15th or 50th on the list, I could not understand him over the phone. I would prefer to deal with your internet sales department.

Please assign this to an internet salesperson who knows the FJ. I've heard that Will Cottles has some knowledge of the vehicle. I understand that vehicles may be arriving today and available by either Friday or Monday.

I plan to purchase this vehicle. My financing is arranged. I'm selling my current vehicle (98 Land Rover Discovery, 180,000 miles) myself.

It's not important to me who gets my commission, but I would prefer someone who knows the vehicle. I'd like availability estimate and price quote with the specific options that I've chosen or that will be available as soon as possible.

If you'd like to have an internet sales manager discuss this with me, I've included my contact information above.

Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Too funny..."either 15th or 50th on the list"...best of luck on your FJ purchase...maybe we'll bump into eachother there the same day...I'll be the one running around screaming like a lunatic and doing the happy FJ dance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Arturus said:
Too funny..."either 15th or 50th on the list"...best of luck on your FJ purchase...maybe we'll bump into eachother there the same day...I'll be the one running around screaming like a lunatic and doing the happy FJ dance.
I just hope that switching salespeople doesn't get me thrown to the bottom of the list. Frankly I think we all should have gotten a fleet discount.

·
Registered
138 Posts
eelson said:
I'm in S.D. and have done this research the last few months. Here, I know Kearny Mesa Toyota will sell at MSRP. Longo in L.A. said they would as well, and since they're the biggest dealer in the nation they're getting the most FJC's. Bob Baker Toyota will also get a bunch but you can negotiate the "addendum" off. That's what I did. I heard Mossy Toyota and Poway Toyota might sell at MSRP as well, but they're both pretty small dealers and I doubt they'll get too many FJC's, or at least the one you want.

My advice would be to put a deposit in at Longo.
I feel the need to correct this old post of mine. If you're in San Diego DO NOT GO TO KEARNY MESA OR BOB BAKER. Call Poway (talk to Chino), Mossy or Longo.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Usually at a dealership the first sales person you deal with usually owns you. It's all computerized. Good luck!

T

p.s. just heard a fusion is avail at Riverside

·
Registered
119 Posts
So the original salesdude at Longo called me just now to say they're in and ready to test.

Also says there may be a few black ones from the next shipment that will be available.

And here I'm probably going to be selling my Rover tonight, and I've got the rest of the cash lined up. May even be in an FJ before my wedding (April 9).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts