Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
fka rsidey
949 Posts
I might be interested but like DOfj - I'm 6'1" and don't want to limit my field of view any more. It's already hard enough to slouch down so I can tell when the light turns green if I'm first in line.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The solution to the dog scratching the aluminum is to keep your dogs paws off it. Since it will be locked most of the time anyway, just cover it with a 1/4" "dog" pad. Dog has something comfy to sit/lay on and it keeps the paws off the aluminum.

... I have a little Chihuahua that loves to sit between the seats and currently there is no where there for her to sit. The cover seems like a perfect solution for locking storage and to be her little seat, but I am torn between the satin aluminum and black aluminum.

I like the satin silver as a contrast and to match the other silver accents, but Dick says on the site that the black has better scratch resistance. I thought maybe someone here may know how bad it may get and or look...

And count me in for overhead storage!

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Not to me. But then again, a lot of folks would consider my Silblades obtrusive.

Here is a quick pic. I have mine shifted to the right, not centered in my view.

That's pretty slick. Is it obtrusive?

I use one of these. LightInSight - Windshield Mounted Traffic Light Lens

·
fka rsidey
949 Posts
Not to me. But then again, a lot of folks would consider my Silblades obtrusive.

Here is a quick pic. I have mine shifted to the right, not centered in my view.
Might just go ahead and order one.

P.S. - not sure if you're aware but you have a couple of holes in your dash.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Goodness! I just gotta follow you around this forum FJTTSE - seems like you have already done or started everything that would be on my list.

That LightInSight thing is exactly what I have been looking for!

Now, what on earth did you do for your cluster? Is that custom or a real TRD part? I definately need that mod too!

And thanks for the suggestion on the little pad for the cover - that makes perfect sense ot just put in on when she is in the car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you provide me with a few specifics on the overhead storage being developed by Industrial forming. I am trying to figure out where I want to mount my HAM radio faceplate. Would it be possible to mount a HAM radio face place up on the overhead console?
Any input is appreciated and sneak pics would be completely awesome.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
You can definitely mount it in Yury's console. I've yet to see any specifics or what exactly the Industrial Forming console would include, but I was under the impression that it would have a "fixed" setup since it would be a molded product. I ended up going with Yury's console since it allowed me to design/cut the console for specific items: In my case that is 3 monitors, a HAM, radar dectector, misc. switches, and overhead lighting. Basically you start off with a blank console and cut it accordingly for what you want to install.

I'm interested to see what Industrial Forming comes up with. If it had been something that one could easily customize for individual setups I think they would have a huge market for it. Unfortunatley, in my situation, I couldn't wait any longer for sneak peak photos or design concepts from industrial forming to show up. I'm sure it will be a great product though, I was happy in general with their locking storage cover.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bump for anymore info on the overhead console/lighting. I have been looking everywhere for someone still making one, but it seems all the members who used to make one stopped production. Hopefully Industrial Forming hasn't stopped thinking about this...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I met with Dick last week and he is still working on the overhead. We discussed the different options from a simple design in the middle to being able to add on and expand it across the width if you decided to in the future. He did show me a light design that is about the size of a quarter and the light section about a nickel with 56 led if memory is correct, and the light out put is blinding. I have some of the deal extreme lights in my rig and these are 100 times brighter it was like looking into one of the vision x lights i have installed. Luckily he's down the street from me so I will call him or stop by and see if He can post an update.
So, 4 months later and no follow-up?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts