Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a Cobra cb...waiting for delivery! Any cool ideas or pics of mounting locations? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the dash look...but I have a 7" touchscreen...so that's out! lol

·
Registered
449 Posts
i mounted mine to the roof right in front of the mirror. its out of the way and doesnt take up any space. and i used the bandi mount for the Antenna.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]:rocker:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Not a CB radio, but I mounted my amateur radio on the rear of the center console. I can still lower the rear seats without having them hit my radio. I have the head unit of my radio mounted on the 'blank space' just below the drivers side defroster.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I just mounted the Cobra75 on the side of the center console. Bandi mount for the antenna.

The remote box is under the center console.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the Cobra 18wxst2...mostly for all of the weather channels. i would like to mount it in between the seats in the storage box, so my slider covers it, but is a little big? oh well...time to cut!!! lol. thanks for all replies...if anyone has a cb mounted in the "trashcan" let me know...thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have a picture but I mounted a Uniden Grant XL, which is a pretty big radio same as a Cobra 148GTL, on the passenger side of the console as far forward as it would go. It limits how far forward the passenger seat can slide but other than that doesn't get in anyones way.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Bandi mount is probably the most used mount on here. If you go threw some builds most of them more than likely have one.
The antenna mount to get is the stainless steel Boztec mount. BozTec - NorCal FJs
bandi mount is soooo 2007, everyone knows they rust as soon as you put them on.

:thinkerg::mecry::cowfrown::rofl::rocker::lol::cheers::wave::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Does that one under the steering wheel ever get in the way of your leg?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Here's my install of a Midland handheld with an extra 12v plug-in
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

When not in use, it fits right into the console box and really can't be seen from outside the vehicle.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Navedtra.... No it doesn't. I'm 5'11 and have had taller people driving without complaints. The mic cable can also be run along the top of the cb if needed. But I like it there. Good visibility, easy reach, easy install. Just use self tapping screws to mount the bracket just under the dash. Best part.... No visible holes later.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts

heres mine. very cheap and easy to take out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts