Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering installing my Kicker L7s but didn't see the square cutouts as an option. Would love to go with the pre-fab option due to the little amount of free time I have.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Considering installing my Kicker L7s but didn't see the square cutouts as an option. Would love to go with the pre-fab option due to the little amount of free time I have.
you want at least 6 feet of cubic air space for one l7 15.. ive got 6.6 cubic feet i wouldn't try and mount it on the side

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The box I built for my last car had 1.3 cubic feet for each 12. Not optimal, but they sounded incredible.

Guess I'll be stepping down to 10s.

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
what other purpose does a 15L7 serve? Most definately not a SQ sub. Putting a 15L7 in anything other than a huge box contradicts the purpose of the sub IMO
The l7 is not a competition woofer. Sticking it in a box designed for a spl competition is going to make it a one note wonder. It is a daily driver kind of setup.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I have a 12inch L5 I think and I'm just trying to beat it out as I have had it for 4 to 5 years now and I'm needing some speakers to go with the amp I have. I have it at about half the gain to keep from blowing the speaker, I'm told it would power 2 with no problem. When I get the pics and the time I would like to send a pic and see if you can match a good pair of speakers for your box to match up with my amp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts