Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been focusing on trying in find myself a 2010 FJ but I just thought I'd ask the wonderful community here if there's a good reason to buy a 2011 instead of 2010?

My main reasons for a 2010 are: new & improved engine, regular fuel, backup camera, and a 2010 will be cheaper than a 2011.

The only feature in the 2011 that I would love to have is the integrated Bluetooth but it's not worth paying thousands more for. Here are some changes to the 2011 (from Canadian press release):

• Updated standard audio system with integrated XM Satellite radio, roof-mounted antenna, USB audio input and Bluetooth compatibility
  • New style 17” alloy wheels
  • Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
  • Steering wheel-mounted Bluetooth and audio controls
  • Outer rear seats upgraded with folding headrests
  • FJ Cruiser with six-speed manual transmission now features all equipment formerly on the Offroad Package
The 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser: New audio system and wheels highlight upgrades to the powerful off-road-ready SUV inspired by Toyota?s legendary FJ40 Landcruiser / Toyota Canada, Inc.

Any opinions on this?

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
G'day Arctic,
Can't really comment or advise, as I'm in Aust.
But do love my 2011 ...
Our 2011 is slightly different...
But if you can get a 2011 for close to a 2010 , I'd say go for it.
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
536 Posts
My 2010 has a auto dimming mirror but maybe it came with the package with the sub, camera, and sonar.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Big change in the 2011 was the auto tranny remapping that seems to respond better to larger tire swaps

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
Either year would be fine. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
11,767 Posts
I say quit over thinking the purchase of an FJ, find one you like and buy it for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say quit over thinking the purchase of an FJ, find one you like and buy it for you.
Thinking is what separates me from a zebra or a worm. Thinking is useful. I'm not rich so I care about how I spend my money -- especially if I need financing to make the purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
You seem to be nickel and diming yourself over the purchase of an FJ. You've started quite a few threads here on price, but have you gone in and actually done serious negotiations with a dealer? Determine the amount you want to finance minus a grand or so and deal on that, and if you're within a grand of where you want to be, get it over with and buy it, private party or otherwise. You think the purchase price on newer used is high, wait until you start the mods :lol:. Two things are for certain: an FJ holds its value, and dealerships want to make money. You seem positive that all dealers want to screw you, so buy it private party, it may be easier to negotiate. Just thinking out loud here.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thinking is what separates me from a zebra or a worm. Thinking is useful. I'm not rich so I care about how I spend my money -- especially if I need financing to make the purchase.
I get it. My rule of thumb is about an hour of research per 100 bucks i am spending on something.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You seem to be nickel and diming yourself over the purchase of an FJ. You've started quite a few threads here on price, but have you gone in and actually done serious negotiations with a dealer? Determine the amount you want to finance minus a grand or so and deal on that, and if you're within a grand of where you want to be, get it over with and buy it, private party or otherwise. You think the purchase price on newer used is high, wait until you start the mods :lol:. Two things are for certain: an FJ holds its value, and dealerships want to make money. You seem positive that all dealers want to screw you, so buy it private party, it may be easier to negotiate. Just thinking out loud here.
So, I made an offer of $29, 000 on a 2011 FJ Adventure package (17k). Originally advertised for $36, 000 and are 'willing' to sell it for $33,500 (he told me they paid $31, 500).

Do you think I should pay $33500? You think that's reasonable and fair? You think I'm just arbitrarily saying that 'dealers are trying to screw me.'

These are canadian prices....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Adventure Package" is nothing OEM so don't let them sucker you for more money for those extras.
Actually, the adventure package has a lot of options over the base. Check the toyota canada site. It's now called the URBAN package. The Adventure package was about $1200 more than the off road package when new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts