Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 2wd FJ Cruiser...

I drive 17 miles, each way, on highways, each day and will probably never see mud on my daily drive.

I love my FJ but would really like to get rid of that squatty appearance and level it off as well. Not sure why it has the rake to it, but would like to see that gone.

I've seen aluminum level/lift kits on Ebay and for approximately $200 and a few hours of elbow grease, it appears I could get what I want.

I've seen a kit from ebay seller "applehotel" shipping out of Michigan and would like to buy it but would like opinions.

...again... foster day to babies and kids so I'll never see this 2wd hit mud or trails.

thanks

shawn

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Not sure why it has the rake to it, but would like to see that gone.
Not sure if you've actually used the cargo compartment for hauling stuff.

When I moved the contents of my apartment across 943 miles, it became readily apparent - the rear was sagging more than the front.

Toyota probably designed the FJ Cruiser with the assumption that the rear cargo space would actually be used for its purpose - and whatever weight in there would level it out to some degree. If they designed it level with the same assumption, the rear would be sagging all of the time.

It's just more aesthetic to have a drooping nose rather than a sagging butt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts