Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i ordered Fox Coilover Kit w/ Upper Control Arms & Rear Shocks and its coming tomorrow. I will get it done by a off road shop, but my question is is there anything i need to know or maybe anyone has tips for me? Thank you in advance.:wave:

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
You should have them chop the body mounts at the same time to allow you more freedom of tire movement if you decide to go to a larger tire in the future. Have them weld a small plate over the hole that's left when they do the chop. It doesn't take long and most of us on the forum have had it done (almost routine).

I couldn't mount this wheel/tire combo without having first chopped the body mounts.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
305's (34") Nitto Terra Grapplers mounted on Walker Evans beadlock wheels.

mounted on the truck - better perspective of how they look. 34" with an 11.5 inch width footprint at full inflation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want bigger tire:) so the chop is my top on my list! :) i want my big boy will look mean, as right now i have 3" toytech spacers, stock wheels 17" and firestone destination AT 285/70/17. im planning on getting tire size 305/70/17 or 295/75/17 on pro comp 7089 17x9.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Update 1*
So here we go! my stuff arrived today. Here is some pics.... I will upload more pics when i install it which will be tues most likely. Cost w/ shipping $2153.70

Front Shocks from FOX

Upper control Arms are actually from Total Chaos

Rear Shocks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*update 2*
Installed my suspension lift kit! I think my ride became more stable, it feels way better than the spacer. I drove it only on the road, havent had time to test it out off-road. here is some pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts