Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any of our supporting vendors sell spidertrax spacers?

I would like to support them and see if i can get a discount :)
(yes i know all-pro sells spacers... )

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it would appear after searching through all of our vendors and their websites the answer is no :(

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I thought Toytec had them... but, I must have been mistaken. Then I thought... trdparts4u must sell them. But, I guess they don't either.

It is odd? Seems like a winning product to carry on your shelf!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Trail-Gear sells toyota spacers. Although, they are not spidertrax. But, look good and are made of the same billet alumnum. I think they are $20 dollars cheaper. hmmmm? I think I might give them a try when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought Toytec had them... but, I must have been mistaken. Then I thought... trdparts4u must sell them. But, I guess they don't either.

It is odd? Seems like a winning product to carry on your shelf!
I thought the exact same thing.

But after searching, negative, haha.

I bought mine from Spidertrax's website. They occasionally have blemish deals for like 20 off. They had the FJC spacers for 79.99 when i bought mine for the Land Cruiser. Only the LC uses lug centric and the FJC uses hub centric. grrrr.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I tryed to buy spydertrax spacers but they don't ship to Canada so I bought all-pro spacers and I gotta say I'm very happy with them. They are1.5" and there is quite a difference in the way the truck feels. It's sooo much easier to drive on the highway. I should mention that I also have a 3" lift and LR UCA's

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
^No problem... that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Although, I was afraid to go 1.5" It really rides better, huh? Maybe I'll just go for it and get them.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^No problem... that's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Although, I was afraid to go 1.5" It really rides better, huh? Maybe I'll just go for it and get them.
I bought 1.5s for the LC because that is the only size they are made in.

The FJC wheels have a bigger backspacing than the LC wheels. So, my FJC wheels sit much further inward on the 80. With the 1.5" spacers they sit right about the edge of the fender flares, just a little bit narrower.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Out of all the mods I've done so far I think I like the spacers the most. Don't get me wrong, as far as looks and ride the 3" OME lift is great and when I find a good alignment shop that knows what it's doing I'm sure the LR UCA's will make even more difference. The spacers just brought it all together. The truck just feels so much more stable now and even at lower speeds it even feels heavier if that makes any sence. At highway speeds ( I usually run it at 70, 75 mph ) I actually relax and enjoy the ride. Just wish I had bought them sooner. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Thanks for the extra info guys... I am definitely putting these next on my todo list.

Layonn... I checked out your build thread to get a visual of what you were saying. I love that picture of Beau resting his head on the back seat. Great look'n pooch! Awesome FJ too!

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the extra info guys... I am definitely putting these next on my todo list.

Layonn... I checked out your build thread to get a visual of what you were saying. I love that picture of Beau resting his head on the back seat. Great look'n pooch! Awesome FJ too!
Thanks Man.

He's my parents dog. I have Roux (shes almost 2) and she doesn't the exact same thing! Only, she tends to drool a LOT more so i keep some shop towels in the FJ to wipe her mouth everyonce and a while.

I need to get some pictures of the 80 with the spacers on them. I had some on my camera, but it got stolen last week when someone broke into the FJC.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I should have mentioned that will need to do the body mount chop or at least I did. Not a big deal but you should be aware of it

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Thanks Man.

He's my parents dog. I have Roux (shes almost 2) and she doesn't the exact same thing! Only, she tends to drool a LOT more so i keep some shop towels in the FJ to wipe her mouth everyonce and a while.

I need to get some pictures of the 80 with the spacers on them. I had some on my camera, but it got stolen last week when someone broke into the FJC.
Yeah... you should get some pics up. What am I saying, I'm terrible about posting pics on here or even taking pics for that matter. Someday, I'll have to actually get my build thread going. Not even sure I have enough pics to make it worthwhile. Is Roux a golden? I got a boxer... love that dog. I wish he would lay down and chill in the FJ.... he just wants to stick his head out a window so bad. But, we all know how that story ends for a dog and an FJ. haha

I should have mentioned that will need to do the body mount chop or at least I did. Not a big deal but you should be aware of it
Oh... good thing you reminded me. I have yet to do this. As I sit now with LR UCA's and 33's, I haven't needed to do it. I'll have to finally get my butt in-gear and get-r-dun.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah... you should get some pics up. What am I saying, I'm terrible about posting pics on here or even taking pics for that matter. Someday, I'll have to actually get my build thread going. Not even sure I have enough pics to make it worthwhile. Is Roux a golden? I got a boxer... love that dog. I wish he would lay down and chill in the FJ.... he just wants to stick his head out a window so bad. But, we all know how that story ends for a dog and an FJ. haha
Yup, my family has had goldens my entire life, so i bought my own, ha. My friend has a boxer and a golden, they play really well together.

A really big part of the reason i went with the 80 was rear windows for the dog (and sometimes passengers). When i fold all the seats up, and open all 4! rear windows, she is in heaven. She actually just runs from window to window loving it up. In traffic people are always rolling down their windows to say hi to her. :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts