Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the CB and now I need to tune the antenna. Can anybody point me in the direction on where i can borrow one or buy one? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Just bought one myself at Radio Shack at the local mall. My CB shop didn't have one, but they'd willingly charge me $20 to tune it for me.

The meter was $50. Part number appears to be 2100534. You still have to buy the cable to attach it to your radio though.

HTH,
Sean

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
call me cheep but i was hoping to borrow one, or not pay more than $20 for one....I would love to buy anybody a six pack to get the job done.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Not cheap at all...I'd have done the same, but the only guy I knew that had one was an hour away and rather than pay some shop $20, I'd just as soon spend $30 more and OWN the tool to do it myself whenever I want. If you were closer, you could borrow mine for free. As it is, I've had it for a few months and haven't even used it on mine yet. :lol:

Sean

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have tried Radio Shack, 4 wheel parts, Al and Eds, Man-A-Fre, another radio install place, and nobody sells or has or can point me in the right direction....I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
You might want to look for a HAM operator local to you - they have some pretty darn good equipment that can get your antenna setup right the first time around!

73, de

Mike

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have one. I am in Victorville. It would really take all of about 10 min to tune you depending on where you CB is mounted. Are you guys going to be doing anything this weekend? It would be the least I could do for you after getting that great vid and all those pic's on Cleghorn after the meet.

:cheers:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the big bill combo. If i don't find one in time, ill hit you up in Victorville next time i got to Vegas, Barstow, etc. Hopefully i can get it done before that.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I got the big bill combo. If i don't find one in time, ill hit you up in Victorville next time i got to Vegas, Barstow, etc. Hopefully i can get it done before that.
No Problem. I got it if you need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts