Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you twist the massive new CO into place. Im having some difficulty.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
How do you twist the massive new CO into place. Im having some difficulty.
You will possibly need an extra set of hands.
Disconnect the lower A, use a long pry bar to push it down, push the axel out of the way and you should have plenty of room.

·
Registered
576 Posts
stick a long screwdriver or 3/8 extension through the eyelet. hold the fitting coming out of the shock or just grab the shock good to prevent it from turning and just give it a quick jolt on the extension..it will turn very easily, since theres no rubber isolator pads in the coilovers.. just place the coilover on the grass and do it..no real muscle needed when your looking at the FOX logo on top the eyelet should be 90 degrees out....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK OK, I guess the UCA is getting dropped out. It look easier to do that but I went by the OME install in the tech pages. There is no way the Fox is going in like the OME.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I am confused, the bottom doesn't line up, or you can't get the shock into position? If it won't line up, you could, as suggested, slide in a long screw driver and give it a twist.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks to line up. My other set of hands bailed and I am doing it myself. These are hard to handle while pushing the UCA down aswell. So I just cant get them into position. I quit for the night and hope for some assistance tomorrow evening.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yeah, it is hard to line up by yourself. How i got the OME heavies in there was, i put my back against the fender, pushed down on the UCA, used a long flathead screwdriver to lever the lower end of the coilover into the lower bolt hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.