Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice...looks like a very quick fix. Thanks for the good pictures. Consensus on the purchase; was it worth it, and does the extra lift really help?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My concern is that I like my seat bottom tilted all the way up now.....I'm afraid that with just lifting the back I'm going to feel like I'm sliding forward off of the seat....no?

·
Registered
614 Posts
My concern is that I like my seat bottom tilted all the way up now.....I'm afraid that with just lifting the back I'm going to feel like I'm sliding forward off of the seat....no?
That's the way I feel already w/o spacers. I would put them in front & back. Perhaps another 1/4" in the front?

·
Registered
594 Posts
How tiny are you guys? The g/f is 5'2" and has no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
That's the way I feel already w/o spacers. I would put them in front & back. Perhaps another 1/4" in the front?
You can lift the front of the seat up enough with the seat lever so it doesn't feel like you are sliding forward.

How tiny are you guys? The g/f is 5'2" and has no problems.
I am 5'3"... but its more of a comfort issue after my lift. It's not really cool to call a guy tiny. I am 41 years old and at 5'3" I have heard every joke you can image over the years.. and no I don't need a ladder to get in my truck. :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Not tiny...the seating position is fine for trips to the mall, but when you are technical wheeling the seats are too low to aford a good view over the hood.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't know why but this thread reminds me of a story (sorry to get off topic) I used to be a fire fighter we made a call where a guy had an old police car (think blues brothers). He wraps it around a telephone pole. The police call us for rescue because his legs were trapped under the seat. There was some blood. Long story shortened, he was a double amputee and was drunk, but drove his car using a machete to push the gas/brake. The blood was from where he cut himself with machete during wreck. He didn't need jaws of life because the police saw his pantlegs go under the seat but never realized the guy didn't have legs. That was pretty funny. Sorry to see that guy go off to jail, he thought it was funny too.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
How do these work out on the passenger seat? Just worry about the fact that there is no height adjustment on that seat, so whatever these do to the seat is how everyone has to sit in the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
How do these work out on the passenger seat? Just worry about the fact that there is no height adjustment on that seat, so whatever these do to the seat is how everyone has to sit in the seat.
Just noticed this... I have them on both seats and they work fine on both driver and passenger seats.

·
Registered
535 Posts
my seat in my 2010 FJ has hieght adjustment. Try pulling or pushing on the lever the the left hand side of the seat. I have to crank mine down to drive, my wife has to crank hers up to get better visibility.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts