Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if there is some type of polish, or if there is any type of spray that someone has found that covers up scratches\eliminates them? The FJ Dash as I'm sure everyone knows, is made of very cheap weak plastic that scratches extremly easily. Anyone found anything good?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I'm curious if there is some type of polish, or if there is any type of spray that someone has found that covers up scratches\eliminates them? The FJ Dash as I'm sure everyone knows, is made of very cheap weak plastic that scratches extremly easily. Anyone found anything good?
There is a spray of the glossy rubber tool dip stuff that might work out good. it would call for dissasembly or masking, and good skills with a pisscan.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You can try some Armor All for a temporary solution.:bandit:

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are some plastics repair products out there. Not sure what the name is but you can get this putty stuff that hardens into real plastic. Dont know about color matching tho.

Anyone ever tried to put truck liner on the plastic in areas? I mean like the back of the fold down seats and the rear door and such. All my climbing gear and hauling the new Boxer Dog around is putting a lot of scratches in that area.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
The Jesus. The backs of my rear seats were getting all torn up from gear back there. I went to lowes and bought some anti fatigue rubber matting and cut it to the shape of the floor in the rear with the seats down. This has stopped TONS of scratches cause by my dogs nails. It also helps keep him from sliding around.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I put the rubber truck bed coating on last night... super sweet. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Prob next week, climbing fourteeners and 4 wheelin this weekend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I put the rubber truck bed coating on last night... super sweet. I'll post some pics as soon as I can. Prob next week, climbing fourteeners and 4 wheelin this weekend.
Very interested in seeing these pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I was in a store the other week in maine.....It's called Mardens and it is like a clearance store. They sell stuff super cheap that is old stock from other stores and smoke damaged stuff.You never know what you will find in there...Sooooo anywayyyy.... I came across these stick on carpet tiles. Maybe ten inches square with an adhesive backing......I was going to buy some for around the edges of rear floor since my wheelchair tends to get carelessly shoved in the back sometimes (Hey even us old guys get in a hurry sometimes).....But the only color they had was a pink that was left over stock from some office building..... The guy that worked there figured it was a building from California or somewhere like that......lol. But they would work too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So I used the Duplicolor brand from Checker Auto. it was the least expensive. $40 for tape and applicator and 1 quart of product. It is a hard rubber, almost plastic when it dries...Not spongy.

I tested it out on a trip this weekend and it is tough and looks very good.
I am thinking of doing some other areas in the cargo space and maybe the plastic lower quarters of the front doors.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts