Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about painting/powder coating my wheels black or gun metal this summer. I have a silver Ti & want to see what it will look like before I do it. Sorry, I'm just way too lazy to search it. Tanx:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Why is the FJ in your avatar black or brick or black cherry, or ....not silver? Sorry, off topic. I too have a silver FJ and would also love to see pics of this. Not so much the black (I have seen the black many times on this forum), but the gunmetal would be cool to check out. Man, this post was not helpful at all..sorry again.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went & did a search right after I posted & didn't find what I'm looking for. I'll try other sections. I know...Silver & Black were made for each other.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alla, the only useless post is the post not posted.:lol::lol: No really, the FJ in the avatar is my "Show Only" FJ. I dumped thousands of $$$ into it with the best of everything & now I don't even get the tires dirty, it go's to show's only.:rofl::rofl::rofl: No really, I copied that picture from somewhere & was screwing around trying to put up an avatar(not a computer guy AT ALL & don't know how to change it nor do I care to know how to change it. I have better things to do than learn computer crap) But really cool FJ, that's why I leave it up. istambull: Perfect. Just what I was looking for, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
a little off topic, but is this your FJ in this link? I came across this months ago and have kept it in my favorites bar to check it out every now and then for ideas. 2008 FJ
Sorry, just saw your avatar and figured I would ask
Yes, it is that one.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
double d, that exactly what I'm looking for: Silver Ti with factory wheels painted black. Perfect, Thank You, MAXX:cheers:

·
Registered
57 Posts
If anybody comes up with a price to get those wheels powdercoated I would be interested. All of the places I talked to here in the Baltimore/DC area said they won't powdercoat aluminum alloy wheels cause it's a lot more difficult process.:mecry:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was quoted $125 per wheel locally here in Chicago, which included the full wheel prep and making good any scratches/bubbles etc first.
Haven't done it yet though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If anybody comes up with a price to get those wheels powdercoated I would be interested. All of the places I talked to here in the Baltimore/DC area said they won't powdercoat aluminum alloy wheels cause it's a lot more difficult process.:mecry:
dulpicolor has a wheel painting kit that will cost A LOT less but not sure how the paint holds up offroad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts