Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete Dirty Parts Dual battery kit and I've read the instructions and I'm not sure I want to try this on my own. Anyone have any suggestions as to who can do the install or anybody who might be able to help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have had mine since the last group buy but just have not had the time to work on it or try and find some help till now. I'll keep looking and hope I can have it in buy the time you get yours.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Just thought I'd try one more time. If no one can suggest a shop or has experience with this install then I just might give it a shot. I'll get in touch with you Lane before I take the leap in to this install. Just tired of it sitting in the garage and I want to get it put in. I've been stacking up the parts and now I need to start installing them.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Newb question -- But what is the point of this mod? Are you going to be running a fridge or something while dry camping with the engine turned off?
Bingo. Running a fridge, ham radio, lights, etc. while camping with the engine off. Running them off of a second battery (isolated from the main battery with a solenoid) ensures that you will always be able to start your truck, even if you run your second battery all the way down.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That it correct. I have had I've had the ARB fridge for about 7 months and run it on the OEM battery via a 12v plug I installed in the rear off of the sub woofer harness with no issues. I just wanted the security of a second battery in the event I drain the one. I also have extra lights and a winch all which draw extra electricity. I like to spend time out on the coast fishing and use the extra lights at nught and keep the fridge going. If I'm by myself with no one around I'm screwed if my battery goes dead. Thought this MOD would give me a little security. It's an awesome kit and there is another group buy going on right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts