Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/ I can tell the Dick Cepek Fun Country with DC'1s. I like the look, just tried to buy Dick Cepek FC II's and the dealer said only 17" will work. I was looking for 16" so the tire would look bigger. i backed out
SO that being said, and after exhausting the search engine for many hours, here i am. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Couldn't you just PM the person who owns that vehicle? I'm assuming you got the picture on this forum.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Those looks like 33x12.5 on 17" rims.. BTW i said "looks", not 100% positive. :bigthumb:

Yes, 16" wheels work, but you must have the correct backspacing.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
The only thing I can do is guess. It looks like a 17" wheel with a 305 tire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pic was emailed to me. So therefore i couldnt pm the individual to ask about tires etc.....

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Those looks like 33x12.5 on 17" rims.. BTW i said "looks", not 100% positive. :bigthumb:

Yes, 16" wheels work, but you must have the correct backspacing.
I would tend to agree with DG and repeat not 100% positive, but best guess.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for help so far. My tires are in bad shape so i will have to pull the trigger quick. Will the 33x12.5 tires fit with no lift kit etc....I do like the FC II's. Jordan tire has some decent prices. Anyone else no where i can score some Dick Cepeks at a competitive price? Thanks again.....

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
No they will not fit, you need a lift to fit those tires.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for help so far. My tires are in bad shape so i will have to pull the trigger quick. Will the 33x12.5 tires fit with no lift kit etc....I do like the FC II's. Jordan tire has some decent prices. Anyone else no where i can score some Dick Cepeks at a competitive price? Thanks again.....
No way in hell those size tires will fit without a 3" lift. In fact, you will (more than likely) have to chop the body mounts also. Good luck in your venture. I wish I had the cash to buy new shoes! I'm jealous!!!

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Call Ben at Rough Country, they have some good prices on Cepeks & Mickey Thompsons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill do that. I guess a lift is in order for me to get what i want. When does the modd madness end?! I said i would stop after new shoes, now i need a lift.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Ill do that. I guess a lift is in order for me to get what i want. When does the modd madness end?! I said i would stop after new shoes, now i need a lift.
I'm sorry, it never ends. :)

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
They are having a sale on their lifts right now. Get everything at once.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i guess i am the point of no return. 3" lift, 33 " dick cepek fun country II's, with some 17" DC'1's. All inclusive @ 2k and change. Speak now or forever hold your peace. I guess when you go...................go big?! Any advice?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Well i guess i am the point of no return. 3" lift, 33 " dick cepek fun country II's, with some 17" DC'1's. All inclusive @ 2k and change. Speak now or forever hold your peace. I guess when you go...................go big?! Any advice?
Which lift? I highly recommend new springs and coilovers, not spacers. Just to add to your pain :rofl:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rough Country 3" lift. Any advce?, after many an hour search i still should maintain my warranty etc....

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Rough Country 3" lift. Any advce?, after many an hour search i still should maintain my warranty etc....
I know it will save a few bucks. There is a great thread with all the lifts here:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...lift-listing-comparison-they-re-all-here.html

Just in case you somehow missed it. This is just my opinion, based on some years of experience. A spacer lift is not the way to go if you can possibly afford to go with a proper springover (ome, icon, and many others now). It puts more stress on components and both rides rougher and flexes less. Now if your just using for street and occasional dirt use it will probably be fine. I just think you'd find the ride and handling much better with another lift. Just one more thing to consider. Many have had trouble with alignment after a 3 inch lift. My shop has mine dead on so I don't know why others have been having issues but I know they have. The cure for that will be aftermarket front upper control arms. Another consideration is gearing. With those tires you will definitly notice a difference off road and off the line without regearing. I've found it acceptable on road with a manual. I am regearing soon though for offroad. I'm not sure how an automatic would be. I just wanted to throw that info on your radar screen so you don't think you've stepped in a bottemless pit once you've done it. For me it maps out about like this:

Lift shocks and springs around $1500
Tires and wheels around $2000
Gearing about $1800

so nearly $5500 before bumpers, skids, cb, mounts for highlift etc.

Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have added it up, :rofl:. I've been telling myself that I'm in to the FJ a few thousand but it's more like 8 or 10.

Again, this is all just my opinion and experience. Others may tell you a different story.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts