Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the skid plate off today installing Icon struts and the sway bar relocation bracket . The whole front and bottom of the engine is pink . No drips in the garage and no overheating so far . It looks like you have to dissasemble the whole front of the engine to get to the 17 bolts that hold the waterpump on . Plus the pump is $175+ and the gaskets and o-rings . No wonder they want $600 to do the job .
Redboat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Book time is 3.4 hours to r&r the pump. They want you to remove the fan, alternator, water outlet, a/c compressor, p/s pump, idler pulley and tensioner. Good luck

·
Registered
897 Posts
Doing mine now. The aisin pump was like 78 bucks on amazon.

I pulled the fan, shroud, overflow reservoir, upper and lower rad hoses (replacing), thermostat housing (replacing with aisin) serpentine belt (replacing with gates) and a couple of pulleys. Not removing alternator nor ac compressor. No need.

Also, drained all coolant before I started.

Once I got to it, my pump despite 210k miles was perfect. No leaks. I think the failing bearing sounds I heard weren't the h20 pump after all. I think it was the tensioner pulley. The only pulley I didn't replace at 150k miles. Go figure.

Once buttoned back up, hopefully the sound will be gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts