Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity to do some cool caches while in the area. I did a search and found numerous caches along the trails and right downtown. Maybe a few folks can get together and attack these in teams.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I'm doing a 20 cache Pocket Query based on the 81427 Zip Code. I figure 20 caches is enough to have some fun.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
i would need a lesson in using my garmin gps to participate.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive never heard of geocaching...I'll have to look into it a little more tomorrow
i would need a lesson in using my garmin gps to participate.
Check out Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site for all the info you need. Great family activity. Get's you out and about. You can also visit http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/sports-activities/20608-geocachers-post-up-here.html to see what members of this forum think.

Geocaching is the stimulus that started me down the path to buid my stoack FJ into Bessie.

·
Registered
852 Posts
This sounds like so much fun! I have always loved treasure hunting type of stuff. Unfortunately, my Garmin C330 isn't setup for entering coordinates, so I have no idea how that would work. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a set of GPX files from my Pocket Query on Friday...

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll shoot it off to you.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Awesome. I'll download some caches as well.

Once I get the files, I'll either post here or provide a link to my SkyDrive share.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
we should create a summit cache and each year add something from that year's summit to the cache - sort of a time capsule.

But it should celebrate all things FJ (of course)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Do we have a Date/Time that we are all going to get together for Geocaching? I make up some "FJ Summit 2008" business card magnets to place in caches. I made 50+ so that I could share...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts