Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to take the FJ out and play in the snow/mild offroad Tuesday/Wednesday afteroon. This is my first 4x4, and I'm still a bit "new" to the CO trail scene since this is only my third winter out here. Found a fun trail on my way up to Estes on Christmas, but it was pretty short and I'm looking for something with a bit more agressive terrain. :rocker: Anybody game PM me or open message this thread. Thanks! Cheers, and Merry Christmas!! :cheers:

-Nick

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd go if I didn't still have family in town. If you're up next month I'm in

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am going to try to get a run together on the 2nd of January. Looking at going somewhere lower elevation avoiding snow. Also it will be a a moderate trail.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Would like to take the FJ out and play in the snow/mild offroad Tuesday/Wednesday afteroon. This is my first 4x4, and I'm still a bit "new" to the CO trail scene since this is only my third winter out here. Found a fun trail on my way up to Estes on Christmas, but it was pretty short and I'm looking for something with a bit more agressive terrain. :rocker: Anybody game PM me or open message this thread. Thanks! Cheers, and Merry Christmas!! :cheers:

-Nick
I think I could talk myself into heading up Wednesday.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I may be able to swing it.....

Let me know when and where

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weather permitting and if a stock FJ is accepted… I’d love to join.
I hope stock is permitted! That's all I've got right now! Hahaha. Played on Switzerland Trail up between Nederland and Boulder, and it was far from being at its limits.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to try to get a run together on the 2nd of January. Looking at going somewhere lower elevation avoiding snow. Also it will be a a moderate trail.
Would a newb driving stock be able to handle "moderate"? If so, I may be able to swing it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could go wheeling somewhere tomorrow (tues), I'll give you a call in the morning :rocker:
Cool, Mark! I'm free the rest of the day, just let me know.

-Nick

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Ha! ...avoiding snow altogether may be impossible.
However, the Switzerland Trail is going to be your best bet.

Anyway.....
being in TX right now, I have no idea how much snow you guys are getting right now, but if the ST is too boring, you could check out the Nat. Forest roads that are just South of the Western-most portion...

HERE

Like the ST, it's not going to be extreme for the most part, but there are certainly a couple places that, in the right snowy conditions, could be a bit more challenging......it's not just a flat freeway the whole way like the ST.

There's a section the connects this Nat. Forest area witht he ST, and that's where there's a bit of vertical difference.....if there's no recent snow then who cares.....but if there is a lot of snow, this section can be a fun challenge (more-so going the way from the ST toward here).

in any case, go prepared (even if you think it will for-sure be easy....cause you never know what you're gonna get into), and enjoy!! :clap:

hopefully we'll get out there with you guys on a trail sometime before jan is done :cheers:

p.s. pics and vids (especially of any recovery events..........cause that's how you can share info to help teach the rest of us how to handle it out there) please :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Did you guys end up getting out there or what?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts