Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this time of black outs, I am wondering if anyone color matched the area between the seats on either at MT or AT. Not the whole cover between the seat, just the top portion that unsnaps and houses the cup holders. I have seen the chrome stick on apps but they don't do much for me and they are pricey compared to a rattle can. I do like the dash black out that I have seen posted here, but I am considering painting the console Ti, leaving the black rubber cup holder inserts as contrast.
anyone with a pic ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd love to see pics if you take the plunge!
I almost jumped on the blackout bandwagon too, til it ocurred to me with a black vehicle and a black paint job, I had enough black as it was. I bought a Voodoo Blue dash panel and the Tundra shifter, and its like being in a different vehicle, to use your word, it adds contrast. Oddly enough though, I wish the guages were black instead of white.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I'd love to see pics if you take the plunge!
I almost jumped on the blackout bandwagon too, til it ocurred to me with a black vehicle and a black paint job, I had enough black as it was. I bought a Voodoo Blue dash panel and the Tundra shifter, and its like being in a different vehicle, to use your word, it adds contrast. Oddly enough though, I wish the guages were black instead of white.
About those silly gauges.... http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/43919-diy-led-dash-swap-gauge-cluster-ac-compass.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
TinCan - I saw that, but what I meant was Id rather have black faced guages than white. Thanks for the tip nonetheless!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Axe, I picked up some Duplicolor today. Now I am trying to find my balls to do it. I grabbed a can of the flat black and thought I might do the trim on either side of the radio. then grabbed a can of the titanium that closely matched the center panel. I didn't see Titanium on the Duplicolor web-site so I took some cans out and got the closest match. If I don't like the I can cover it with flat black. I have to do the steering wheel b/c I added the audio controls there, so I might just keep going. I was hoping someone else was going to show the way so I didn't have to go crazy on a vehicle with 5k miles on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Searched a week ago, couldnt find anything. Plus, if anybody made one, Id want it to look OEM, not with some guage makers logo on it. Picky, I know.

33 - Almost went the silver interior paint route awhile ago too, but backed off. The only consolation is if you really mess something up, you can get those pieces at the dealer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Axe,
True ! If that center console is called the upper console panel then it is only $62.XX. I have wasted $60+ before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts