Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I took delivery 7/20/06. 80k miles, daily driver. Still going strong.

It has only been back to the dealership for throw out bearing recall, seat belt recall, and for supercharger install.

One of the best things about owning an FJ is this forum. Over the last decade, forum members have taught others how to repair, maintain, and install just about anything on their FJs.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Ohhhh... YEA! 107,000 Miles, daily driver (sits at the airport garage a lot!), most amazing stock 4x4 I've ever owned out of the 28 vehicles in my lifetime. Still original everything except tires and brakes - just changed rear brakes last week. I was a loyal GM man but that loyalty is quickly diminishing!

·
Registered
139 Posts
YES! October 2006 delivery. Just turned 70K miles.

The only problems I had were the 4WD-engage servo (100% my fault, fixed under extended warranty at no charge) and the alternator started whining last month so I replaced it just to be safe. I've also replaced some of the rubber trim pieces due to UV rot.

~$400 total repairs over the last 11 years isn't bad! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
2007 bought new here. Almost 70k miles. Sits in the garage most of the time and still looks good. VooDoo Blue.

Needs a tire balance. Only thing I have replaced, other than general maintenance, is the battery and rotors.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Voodoo Blue, bought new in 07. Only have 34,000 miles. I generally keep it nice and comfortable in my garage at the AZ house. Great rig.

Cheers, Steve

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Still kicking. Bought early'ish 2007. Currently with 189k miles. It's a second car now but did DD for probably 7 years. Single repair: alternator at around 165k miles. 3rd set of tires, second set of pads?, second set of plugs. Other than that, zero repairs. Mobile 1 every 7500, and 4x4 at 100k. It's clearly due for shocks, general maintenance, and probably rotors.

But in truth, she's on the short list. It's part of my grand scheme to get a 2 door weekend car: Need something more 'fit' for transporting the wife and I in comfort, yet don't want to give up the utility so am thinking of a new Taco. Once the FJ replacement is in place, I can trade the CUV for a roadster or something in a year or two. If I didn't have this hunger for a Boxter or Cayman, I'd probably dump $5-7k into it and run another ten years.

Talked to the dealer today and sight unseen offer was $7500. Got them up to $9500 with a little persuasion. Would probably sell it third party if someone were willing to pay $12k or more.

A question to the forum: Any reason to avoid the current Taco? I'm looking at a stock TRD Off-road. I have no need for serious off-road, otherwise would keep the FJ. It'll share duty as a daily driver, so I expect ~5k miles a year. The GMC Canyon reviews really well against the Taco, but it's just darn hard to bet against Toyota.

·
Registered
931 Posts

Still have mine. June 2007. Just went over 56k and I’m still on 35s that I installed at just 14 miles that everyone back then said I would destroy my vehicle 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
We still have ours, new from dealer. Even though the odo is getting up there we can't think of what truck we'd even consider next, feels like cheating.
560,137km (348,052 miles) as of this morning (Tuesday, 28-Nov-2017).
Great machine.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Well, :wave::wave::wave:

She's gone as of yesterday (or was it a he?). I posted up a few days back, knowing it was possible I'd be selling soon. I needed a more comfortable daily driver for the wife and I. I ended up with a 2018 Tacoma off-road. The need for a more comfortable daily driver is because I want to swap my current daily driver for a 2 door weekender. That means the FJ would have been the daily driver. I can deal, but not the wife. We're old, I get it. So the Tacoma is the compromise. Nice enough to daily drive and take out on the town, but durable/capable enough to meet my outdoors needs.

I can honestly say that if they made a 'gussied up' version of the FJ with a nicer interior and better tech, I'd probably have traded up. This thing was the most reliable car I've ever owned. 10 years, 190k miles, and the only 'broken' thing was an alternator at about 150k.

Bittersweet day at the ranch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Yup! Ordered in April of 2006, picked up in June of 2006. Have 95K miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I bought my FJ in November 2007. Added over 8,000 miles on a six week trip this summer. Between being a daily driver for five years and four other major cross country camping trips: the odometer just turned over 186,000 miles. The goal has been to see all of The National Parks. So far we have explored 33 out of 46 of the National parks in the "Lower 48" in the FJ. I can not imagine another vehicle that would be fun to have covered all of those miles in. What a great way to discover America!
[/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yep, 9/1/07, now has 286,000+ miles on it.

Wow! That's a lot when you convert to KM for us Canucks. Makes me feel much better that mine will be around for a while yet. Have you had any major issues in those miles?

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
2nd owner. Purchased in '09. Just turned 100k and I drive it every day.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
First owner, bought in December of 2006. Still have it with 56,000 miles on it but she is for sale... even though I'm not trying very hard to sell it.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts