Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Wife ordered mine as soon as they were available in 06 to replace a 76 FJ40 I sold shortly after our first kid was born.... needed money to pay bills. Has about 145K on it but I haven’t used as a daily driver for 5 years as I never plan to sell.
84D17CB8-846A-4527-883F-CFCFE3057731.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya know, even thought I’ve surfed this site for nearly a decade, I’m not actually sure I have a single post to my name...

Purchase date: August, 2006. Currently with 242,500 miles and it‘s truly the best vehicle we’ve ever owned. Besides regular trips hunting, to Death Valley and Moab, it’s been my wife’s daily driver for 13 years...right up until in August this year where a Subaru Forester Touring was purchased to “replace” the FJ.

Which means the FJC is now my weekender! WOOOO!

The FJC has been the singular most wonderful vehicle purchase, giving us and encouraging us to get out and explore our world. In every sense it’s a modern classic. We have no intentions to ever let it out of our family.

Best!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2007 bought new. I ordered it with the options wanted.
I now have about 65,000 miles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No, I had 187K on her and traded her for a new 2014 TTUE, a week later I met a guy who had 332k on his 07, guess I should have kept her...

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 original purchase with blackout modifications. Only 105,000 miles...just use it when playing outdoors.

1581107656683.png

·
Registered
11 Posts
OHHHH YES!! 07 Black Cherry, my forever car. I’m 78, my FJ is 236,789 and we are both still going strong. Gonna have to sell it though. We both been living in Mexico for the last 11 years. Mexico now says I can stay But the FJ has to go. NAFTA!! Go figure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, 76K miles 2007 2X4 voodo blue. I have had o problems except brake job and new battery. I'm just experiencing the first problem. The rear door can't be unlocked, transmitter or key, at the same time, it shows the rear window open which it is not, which cancels out the rear wiper. I have never stuck this unit with 2 WD because it has a locking differential. Lock it up and it goes just about anywhere. The best part is I'm not hauling around 200lbs of transfer case and front dif. which I'll never use. It is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned, it goes good, corners well and with the transmission control you can drive it like a turbo hydro. I'm 6'4" and I have huge headroom. These are very special vehicles, made in their own factory in Japan, paint is baked and you can't duplicate the paint in this country. They just cost too much to make and the price point wasn't making Toyota any money.
I didn’t know they were made in their own factory. Like the Land Cruiser! Good to know.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Yep still have mine On phase two now since no job and plenty of time to work on it now
Redoing the entire light bars,switches and that stuff
Last I looked it was at 125000 some miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SenseiSmash

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bought HelTeef in October 2006.
Sitting on 345K and change on the odo.
Haven't broken or had to repair anything this year (knocks on wood)...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my Black Cherry, 6 speed manual back in the spring of 2007..... 5 agonizing months waiting for it's arrival from Japan. Still going strong with 210kms on the clock! No major repairs or failures to this point. I've started to add some mods to it recently. 5100 Bilsteins, ProComp 17" wheels with 285/70/17" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Blacked out the bumper facia and wings, mirrors and door handles. Next year planning to rid of the white roof and repaint the entire truck in Black Cherry.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yep! (for now, I bought a 2018 Ram 2500 w/Cummins and it needs mods) FJC is sitting at 37k miles, looks great, runs great

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4WD
79 Posts
I'm 2nd owner on my 2007, bought it gently used in 2018 from a close family member who bought it new off the dealer lot. Only 99K miles on the clock so far, and some mods in the last 2 years.
Before and Current pics below.

20200629_125626.jpg
20200620_151555.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yellow, fresh from the showroom in Henderson, NV. Only 85,000 miles. Virtually stock except for tires and AirRaid. Oh, and I painted the nose trim yellow.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Updating my post. Bought new in Aug. 06. It has 169,000 miles on it and running great. Its definetly my forever vehicle. Its still my daily driver also.
20190609_113802.jpg

141 - 160 of 161 Posts