Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got these decals, one for the tire cover, 2 for the sides.

Did some reading and some say apply dry, some say use soap and water, some say use the half hinge method, all say use a decent squeegee, measure, and use tape to hold in please.

Any thoughts?

Randy

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ive put a lot of decals on a lot of different things over the years.
For a good application I use a squirt bottle with a bit of soap and water and a good silicon squeegee. I like the silicon ones better than rubber. Some people like rubber better. Personal preference I guess.
Spray the area you are applying it to and then a bit to the back of the decal. It will give you the time you need to put it in the exact place you want it.
Also an X-acto blade is very helpful to pop any remaining bubbles and squeegee it again.
There are plenty of videos on youtube about this.
Good luck with the application.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
yup soap n water n soft squeegee. a pin later if you have bubbles after a few days in the sun.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Seriously? You have to ask that question......anyone ever install decals on an FJC?? :lol: Have you not looked around the site at some of the members rigs? I think you will find a couple with decals.......sorry, don't mean to give you a hard time but I found the title to this thread quite funny. After you get those bad boys mounted up, show us your handy work. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I use Rapid-tac, good stuff, never a bubble and I like the freedom to be able to move the decal til its just right......where did you get those decals?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know typical newbie question I just got overwhelmed by all the stuff on the web and thought that why these guys know there sh_t and will set me straight.:rocker:

Thanks for the knife and pin idea never read that anywhere you guys are the best!!!!:clap:

Randy

·
Registered
77 Posts
I apply them to a flexible magnet cut to match the sticker shape and slap it on where ever I feel like (then take them off for car washes or "fancy restaurant" night...)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I use Rapid-tac, good stuff, never a bubble and I like the freedom to be able to move the decal til its just right......where did you get those decals?
Both decals are great quality I just love the carbon fiber look on silver just enough bling but not too much color.

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Thanks, use rapid-tac its good stuff.
Ive seen "his" stuff but you may want to delete his info, I got accused by a few for advertsing for him, hes banned for selling stuff as a non vendor, or something like that. I don't mind getting yelled at, but don't want to see you get flamed:)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I like the magnet idea. It takes a little while to cut everything to size.....But then you can just slap them on when you want..... (LOL... Fancy restaurants)

Do you think anything will stick to the tire cover??? It's a very textured surface and I would wonder if a sticker would stay on for long.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, use rapid-tac its good stuff.
Ive seen "his" stuff but you may want to delete his info, I got accused by a few for advertsing for him, hes banned for selling stuff as a non vendor, or something like that. I don't mind getting yelled at, but don't want to see you get flamed:)
Thanks for the heads up!

I don't want to get into any trouble (Mods please remove if I am not supposed to post) I just posted the info when I was asked, I do not know any history on this just I liked the product (yes I know I am a newbie).

Thanks

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Just edit ur post, delete the info, its all good.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just edit ur post, delete the info, its all good.
Edit completed.

Thanks again really value the direction and support I am getting from this excellent Forum!:cheers:

You guys sure make me feel I made the right choice buying an FJ!:rocker:

Randy

Pics will be up today.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
No problem bud.

This decal guy is just one of those little things that went agains the rules, this is the best group and forum I've ever belonged to!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well did it!!

The TRD decals went on fine one looks low on one end but after measuring it is not??

Now the Ebay tire cover decal was crap!!!!

The tire thread graphic part would not separate from the backing so I just put the FJ part on better then nothing but still a little mad.

Photos will be posted after I wash her.

Randy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts