Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the journey to figure out the precise source of the "water on the floorboards" in my FJ, I have deduced it to occur only after a downpour, somewhere in the roof area (could be roof rack bolts, seal, or windshield trim), and that it runs along the inside of the plastic panels connected to the door frame (see pics). What happens is, rain will enter from one of the above locations, drip down underneath the plastic panel mentioned, and then seep onto the flood of the car only when it fills in floor panel adjacent to the inside door step (also see pics of seepage). This occurs on both the passenger's and driver's side.

I've seen the threads on the roof rack bolts, though the characteristics of the leak don't seem to match up exactly. Anyone experience a leak similar to this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
We had a couple of gully washers lately, and I found about 12 oz of water on the drivers side floor. I think its coming in from the door seals. In both instances the vehicle was parked on a slight incline. I supposed it could be from the cowl area too. To investigate I'm going to have someone use a garden hose in one area at a time while I lay down under the dash with a flashlight. It only happens with it rains sideways lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a couple of gully washers lately, and I found about 12 oz of water on the drivers side floor. I think its coming in from the door seals. In both instances the vehicle was parked on a slight incline. I supposed it could be from the cowl area too. To investigate I'm going to have someone use a garden hose in one area at a time while I lay down under the dash with a flashlight. It only happens with it rains sideways lol.
12 oz on the floor is more than I have had but then again maybe I haven't had any serious rain hit. I have slow drip syndrome when I pull back the panel shown in the pictures. I actually dowsed my cowl area with a hose for about 2 mins straight and no water entered inside the cabin. The cowl was a prime suspect for me at one point since the clips on one side aren't properly fastened. Definitely not the cowl in my case though. I will try to seal the grooves underneath the roof rack after I remove it. Will post an update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts