Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone always talks about how the side exit of the TRD exhaust is an issue and everyone always talks about how it will get flattened.

Several of us here in the North East have put a beating on our TRD Exhaust tips on the rocks around here, but I have yet to see one flattened.

Just curious, has anyone done it, or is this still just a campfire trail story that people tell each other to get them scared?

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I haven't flattened mine at all. It just depends on how you come off an obstacle. If you are very conscious about it, you can normally spare it from being crushed.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't flattened mine at all. It just depends on how you come off an obstacle. If you are very conscious about it, you can normally spare it from being crushed.
That's just the thing. There have been times that I haven't been conscious about it and really laid down a beating on the TRD tip. I am talking full weight of the truck. It hasn't flattened. And I am not the only one.

I am beginning to think that the TRD tip may be more bomb proof then we give it credit for.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
No way your gonna flatten mine! I have more a chance to stuff it... backing up...

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way your gonna flatten mine! I have more a chance to stuff it... backing up...
OK, maybe we need to limit this to 6" lifts and below.:wave:

Those people that have to have red blinking lights on the top of their FJ's so that aircraft down fly into them need not apply.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've permanently relocated it as high as it will go against the bumper (not on purpose)

I use it like a rear passenger side skid plate. :lol:
So you have bent the muffler tubing/hanger but yet to crush the tip.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
not yet but it does have some pretty sick custom gouges from all the rocks i did smash it on:rocker:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I've bent mine upwards a bit and it has some scratches on the bottom but it has not been flattened or lost its shape. I feel like if you just drag it and put weight on it it'll get relocated but wont flatten but I have a feeling if your rear end drops of a ledge or rock and you nail the exhaust tip it'll fold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts