Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My wife and I are going to be in CO in July (not during the Summit unfortunately) with our FJ, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good trails up in Steamboat. I grew up there, but have not been back since I graduated eleven years ago. We are also going to be down in the Denver/Boulder area. I used to go camping up by St. Mary's Glacier up I-70. I know it was private property, but does anyone know if that trail to the base of the Glacier is still open. Thanks for the help.

By the way, if anyone wants to meet up on the trails, let me know.
Thanks!
Miles:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Cool! As you know from living here before, you'll love it!

I don't know of anything in the Steamboat Springs area from personal experience, but I see a few trails relatively close to there on TrailDamage.com (probably the best resource for offroad trail info for around these parts).

Here's their trails list page and their map page for Colorado (you can zoom it in to see the area a little better).

We love it when others come fro elsewhere and want to hook up while they're in town.

So, I'm sure you'll get some of us out on a trail. :cheers:

When you know the dates that you'd like to do something, post em up here and we'll see what we can do.

Safe travels.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
One of my friends lives in Steamboat. His work takes him out of town quite often. I'll send him a text to see if he has seen this thread.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! As you know from living here before, you'll love it!

I don't know of anything in the Steamboat Springs area from personal experience, but I see a few trails relatively close to there on TrailDamage.com (probably the best resource for offroad trail info for around these parts).

Here's their trails list page and their map page for Colorado (you can zoom it in to see the area a little better).

We love it when others come fro elsewhere and want to hook up while they're in town.

So, I'm sure you'll get some of us out on a trail. :cheers:

When you know the dates that you'd like to do something, post em up here and we'll see what we can do.

Safe travels.
Thanks for the link!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
There are quite a few trails north of town. We've been exploring up there for a couple of years; as it's not far from our place on the Poudre River. This summer, the snow pack is very high, and I'm guessing it will be a while before many trails are drive-able. Only a couple of weeks ago, there was still 10 feet of snow on Cameron Pass. There have been a couple of threads herein the past about a "Continental Divide" expedition, which travelled from Wyoming through Steamboat. I've never been able to ascertain exactly which route was driven, so have driven all over the area to find out where/how they went. There are enough trails up there to get one lost. You might try calling Also see:http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5302389.pdf

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are quite a few trails north of town. We've been exploring up there for a couple of years; as it's not far from our place on the Poudre River. This summer, the snow pack is very high, and I'm guessing it will be a while before many trails are drive-able. Only a couple of weeks ago, there was still 10 feet of snow on Cameron Pass. There have been a couple of threads herein the past about a "Continental Divide" expedition, which travelled from Wyoming through Steamboat. I've never been able to ascertain exactly which route was driven, so have driven all over the area to find out where/how they went. There are enough trails up there to get one lost. You might try calling Also see:http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5302389.pdf
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts