Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these tires for a good price...wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them.

They're Kerb Kick'r 900-16 tires...they say "Rock Mauler" and "Sno Mauler" on them. I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with them. And oh yeah, they're friggin' 12 ply!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Ryon

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PA...I'm thinking about using these as a set I can put on when I go wheeling. They look aggressive as hell and should be tough. I think I noticed that the main guy in that thread said that they're bias ply instead of radial...gotta do some thinking about that fact.

Anyway, thanks and :cheers: to you too!

Ryon

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
That tire is going to be suicide for your bumm! They might as well be solid rubber with a steel skeleton.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12-ply bias tires are not going to air down (soften) well on a truck of the FJC's weight.
Thanks 1911. A quick question: If I'm not planning on running bead-locks do I need to be worried about airing down? Or does everyone air down just a little less without bead-locks?

That tire is going to be suicide for your bumm! They might as well be solid rubber with a steel skeleton.
That's kinda what I figured too RainMan...thanks for the info...maybe that's why the word Skid-Steer was laced throughout all of the information I found online about Kerb Kickers :lol:

Ryon

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Thanks 1911. A quick question: If I'm not planning on running bead-locks do I need to be worried about airing down? Or does everyone air down just a little less without bead-locks?
I don't have bead locks, and I air down every time I go wheeling - traction is greatly improved when your sidewalls are soft enough for the tire to conform to surface irregularities. It also makes the ride more comfortable as a side benefit.

How far you can air down depends on the tire, the weight in the truck, the terrain, and the driver (including your ability to re-seat a bead if need be). I currently have E-rated (10-ply-rated) Toyo mud tires on stock steelies on my FJC, and I commonly air them down to 10-11 psi for rock crawling, but they have very stiff sidewalls. On my other FJ, I run D-rated BFG KM2 mud tires, and they will get plenty soft at 15-20 PSI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts