Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 285x70x17s Cooper STT tires with Walker Evans coilovers, All-Pro a-arms, and wheels with a -6mm offset.

I got my vehicle aligned today, and now, when I turn my wheels to the max for a left turn, my tire is nipping the corner of the front factory skid plate. I don't have the issue when I turn right.

I just got my body mounts chopped, and now this problem has surfaced. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That use to happen to me when I put some spacers on factory wheels, but when I took them off they were fine.

Just take the factory skid off and get some aftermarket ones. The reason why they rub is because the factory skids are much wider than the aftermarket skid.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That use to happen to me when I put some spacers on factory wheels, but when I took them off they were fine.

Just take the factory skid off and get some aftermarket ones. The reason why they rub is because the factory skids are much wider than the aftermarket skid.
Interesting. Thanks for the tip. I was wondering if I would be better off with an aftermarket skid.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Upgrade to some aftermarket skids. There are a few companies making aftermarket skids. I like All-Pro, no issues with them at all. Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts