Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see how they look in silver and black. Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts
ARB makes the Toyota rock rails. Look at the top of this page on the left. THats them in black.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
ARB makes the Toyota rock rails. Look at the top of this page on the left. THats them in black.
That is incorrect. The Toyota factory rails are stronger. I hate to say that but it is true. I put a set of the Toyota Rails on my 4th Gen 4Runner.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Agreed. The ARB rails are only something like .095" wall tubing. IMO, .120" wall is absolute minimum for a slider and .188" would be better (but custom most likely as I know of no company offering that thickness).

Uphill's ARBs got pretty dented and banged up on Martinez Canyon here in AZ. Personally, I'd go with another brand.

JMO,
Sean

·
Registered
360 Posts
ARB is the one contracted to make the Toyota Rock Rails, right? That is what ARB and the Dealer told me.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts

As SEANK said, mine are dented. Make me an offer. I plan to upgrade to DeMello sliders.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts

ARB sliders with slider skids.

Another view of ARB sliders with slider skids.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the ARB rails and they were damaged in shipping (They looked to be dropped on end and creased the edges of both sliders). Good thing they were damaged too, it gave me good reason to return them. I am fairly certain they would dent/crease the first time I tried to actually slide across something. The other things I didn't like is that they are a good 2 inches in width: reducing clearance. It surprised me that they were ARB because they usually make good stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts