Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have sucess getting dealer to exchange tires for BFG's?
If so what kind of deal did you get?

Thanks,
I just sold my car yesterday and I have aleast 2-4 weeks before my FJ gets here so I'm trying to get all my Facts straight.
The wait is going to Kill me...:D

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
cville said:
Anyone have sucess getting dealer to exchange tires for BFG's?
If so what kind of deal did you get?

Thanks,
I just sold my car yesterday and I have aleast 2-4 weeks before my FJ gets here so I'm trying to get all my Facts straight.
The wait is going to Kill me...:D
No dice for me. My dealer will not make the exchange. He does have a close by tire shop that will "buy" my tires and put on BFG's for me. Dealer will take the FJ and get it done before I pick it up. Do not know how much the tire shop will give me yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fjal said:
No dice for me. My dealer will not make the exchange. He does have a close by tire shop that will "buy" my tires and put on BFG's for me. Dealer will take the FJ and get it done before I pick it up. Do not know how much the tire shop will give me yet.
Cool Thanks Keep me posted on what Kind of money you get for the tires.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
My dealer (John Elway Toyota in Denver) said they could not do the exchange but reccomended that I contact Discount Tire located across the street from the dealer. I spoke to a salesman there and he offered 50.00/tire for a swap into BFG AT's. Based on all the smack being said about the Bridgestone's, it will be my first upgrade about 2 min. after I drive off of the lot.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I bought BFG's and took them to my dealer and they swapped them out. I then sold the Bridgestone's on Craigslist for $400.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discount Tire here in AZ said they would only credit give me $25.00 per tire. I'm getting MB Razors and BFG's tomorrow and keeping the stockers. Maybe the stockers will look alright on our Sequoia. My dealer wanted $2500.00 for American Racing rims and BFG's.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
sbechtold said:
I bought BFG's and took them to my dealer and they swapped them out. I then sold the Bridgestone's on Craigslist for $400.
Sounds like a much better option...guess I'll be contacting Craigs List...That's a win/win situation.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After 200 miles on my Dunlops, my dealer said he would swap out for the BFGs as soon as an FJ came in with them on. I infer that there will be no extra charge, but will have to wait and see. I'm not certain if any FJs in Texas are coming stock with the BFGs but he seemed to think so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts