Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to see what it looks like on a FJ. I'm sure it isn't as strong as some others but will work for what I need.

Any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
For that price get 2 front parts from Ricochet, you will save money AND have more protection ( just in case )

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
The SS is Cody's with that same bling plate, the BD is mine with the still factory, but thicker bling plate.

·
Registered
832 Posts
This is what they are talking about man:
FJ Cruiser Skid Plate (select your year and go from there)

Pics:
Ricochet Offroad Armor

You can have them anodize it in whichever color you want, as far as I know. The same front skid coverage, but MUCH more durable and useful than the skid you're lookin at, can be had for $99 plus shipping (usually about $20 in my experience). :)

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
I have seen one of those (from Sparks) in person. Kinda shiney and thin as heck...with plenty of holes in it.

I recommend Ricochet's front bash plate for 100 bucks. Much better approach angle, access to front tow hooks, and much thicker and more durable.

First time you hit the factory bash plate you will bend it badly.

my 2cents

Check out this comparison...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/how-technical-articles/89617-richochet-skid-plates.html
I have both of those factory skid plates in my garage. This one is as you said, very shiny, and very flimsy. I'd recommend for the money the OP buy something else, however, if dead set on OEM get the thicker aluminum one. There are a few for sale in the classifieds at much cheaper prices.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ed-items/124955-factory-bling-skid-plate.html

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I have seen one of those (from Sparks) in person. Kinda shiney and thin as heck...with plenty of holes in it.

I recommend Ricochet's front bash plate for 100 bucks. Much better approach angle, access to front tow hooks, and much thicker and more durable.

First time you hit the factory bash plate you will bend it badly.

my 2cents

Check out this comparison...
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/how-technical-articles/89617-richochet-skid-plates.html
Ok man, now tell us, how much Brad is really paying you?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the older thicker OEM skid plate better but I thought it would not fit on a 2010 FJ....only up to 2009 models. Is that correct? If not, is there anything special I need to install it?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
Ok man, now tell us, how much Brad is really paying you?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haha... I wish!
I was just one of the first folks to start running his skids as he developed each one. And they do blow the OEM stuff out of the water! Plus he is great to do business with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the older thicker OEM skid plate better but I thought it would not fit on a 2010 FJ....only up to 2009 models. Is that correct? If not, is there anything special I need to install it?
I just called Sparks and you CAN install the PRE-2010 OEM skid plate on a 2010 or 2011 FJ you just need an additional bracket because of the spacing. Here is a link to the skid brackets:

Skid Plate Bracket at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC

I was happy to hear this because I have a 2010 FJ and haven't heard good things about the 2010 - 2011 OEM skids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts