Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting something a little more low key than the one that's been seen. I thought I heard somebody say something about other roof racks going to be available, but couldn't remember for sure. All I want is something low profile with 2 crossbars so I can carry bikes, skis, surfboards, etc on top.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over it Ben. At SEMA, I personally spoke with aftermarket vendors who currently build racks, bumpers and other accessories. I asked them if they were intending on building components for the FJ Cruiser as well. All but one said that they would definitely be building accessories for the FJ Cruiser. Most of them replied that they would build the same types of things that are currently available for the Wranglers and the cherokees. A year from now, you will have so many choices you won't know what to do with yourself.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ben said:
Wanting something a little more low key than the one that's been seen. I thought I heard somebody say something about other roof racks going to be available, but couldn't remember for sure. All I want is something low profile with 2 crossbars so I can carry bikes, skis, surfboards, etc on top.

Percy is right. To compete in the off road market, the Fj will have tons of after market products available. This will be such a high profile vehicle once it hits the street, that the demand will be huge for extras..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Roof racks are very important accessories. On my FJ-60, I have a couple of gutter mounted crossbars (commonly known as 2x4's) that handle my needs including stacking 3 or 4 canoes for whitewater shuttles. I like rain gutter mount racks and it appears that the new FJC has no gutters. Before I purchase an FJC, I will have to find (or design) a rugged rack that will fit my needs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Vlinker,
Make sure you take pics of your finished product if you design something. You might be making a little money on the side !!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
One of the Toyota guys told me there would be roof rack options. They know that some surf, some board, and some need to pull the freshly shot Yeti out of the mountains...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Talked with the dealer today and they mentioned off the record there is a possible ladder option. Not sure where it would go with the spare tire but it might be a useful option if they could find a place to put it. Maybe it could be mounted on the side above the rear wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
vlinker said:
Roof racks are very important accessories. On my FJ-60, I have a couple of gutter mounted crossbars (commonly known as 2x4's) that handle my needs including stacking 3 or 4 canoes for whitewater shuttles. I like rain gutter mount racks and it appears that the new FJC has no gutters. Before I purchase an FJC, I will have to find (or design) a rugged rack that will fit my needs.
That's a great idea. I am thinking that since currently WE ARE the FJ Cruiser community that it might be a good idea to start brain storming what we would like to see. There is no reason that a "fan-site" couldn't produce income for it's members based on their ideas for kick-ass products. If we were to say - start now... by the time the FJ comes out we would probably already have orders for items created by US. The FJ Cruiser community.

I guarantee you that this community has a vast collection of intellectuals already registered. Why not try to capitalize on that?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Besides intellectuals, you forgot to mention handsome. Collectively we must be in the top 5% of good looking people in the world. :D :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
EJR said:
Besides intellectuals, you forgot to mention handsome. Collectively we must be in the top 5% of good looking people in the world. :D :D
Well of course, I just thought that was a given... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts