Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Viper 5900 and am adding a voice-module siren to it, as well a scanning LED to deter thieves. However, I did not orignally install the alarm. What color is the power that I need to splice into for the led on the viper alarm, as well as the ground?

Also, if anyone here has experience with the voice module, is it pretty much plug and play? How exactly do you program it?

I plan to import files (later on) to say "FJ Cruiser Security Armed" and so forth.

Thanks.

Also, if POSSIBLE, is it safe to just splice into my single led alarm wire that I currently have powering one led? Or is 5-leds too much of a load on that?

It would be REALLY nice if Viper\DEI actually posted up wiring diagrams\installations, it's b.s. that they don't.

·
Registered
30 Posts
find your original led, trace the wires, it should be a blue and red wire(dont know which is power and groud, if u have a digital multimeter i would sugest metering the two wires), they're a pretty thin gauge and i'm not sure if it would power your 5 led properly

for the voice module, could u post a pic of the module? you may have to cut of the original siren or if u still plan to use it splice the voice module with the siren wires. Depending who installed the both siren wires(red and black) could be found inside the dash or the black wire was grounded to where the siren was mounted in the engine bay

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think u have a scanner, it should have three wires(red /black/orange)
The red goes to the yellow wire
Black goes to ground or black on the alarm harness
and the orange goes connected to the orange on the alarm, if youn have a diffent color it will still need to be connected to the orange wire of the Viper, if you test this wire it will give you a negative trigger only when arm.
the voice module i don't remember any of the wiring but most likely has red/black and some kind of trigger, if you give me the model number i will figure out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts