Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:rocker:Going to be getting Maui'd on July 14th.I'll be staying in Maui for 1 week starting on July 9th and will be going to Hilo"Big Island" for the 2nd week.Wasn't able to find a FJC for rent just found a Jeep oh well at least it has 4x4.I would love for a Forum Buddy to show me and new wife some local trails it would be much appreciated.:bigthumb:

Off-Roading on Maui - On the Road - Truck Trend

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well, on The Big Island, you'll HAVE to do the Saddle Road drive up to Mauna Kea....spectacular and amazing.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, on The Big Island, you'll HAVE to do the Saddle Road drive up to Mauna Kea....spectacular and amazing.
very nice thanks for the info.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Oscar, I will be on Oahu during the same time! Would have been cool to hook up with some locals for some trails. There are a few Big Island and Maui members on the forum.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oscar, I will be on Oahu during the same time! Would have been cool to hook up with some locals for some trails. There are a few Big Island and Maui members on the forum.
oh man we def could of linked up and had a few:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i just drop them a post.i hope they respond.looks like GEO is going to my wedding also so it looks like we are going to offroad the hell out of the Wranglers...lol:rocker::rocker:
I did respond, but once again forum member 4xx4 s from Maui also Largo from the Big Island rest is here in Oahu anything we could do feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did respond, but once again forum member 4xx4 s from Maui also Largo from the Big Island rest is here in Oahu anything we could do feel free to PM me.
Aloha !!!!! Bud thanks for the reply.I'll shoot you a PM with my info_Oh man can't wait to hit some trails in Hawai.i!!! Thanks I owe you guys big time...All rounds on me.....:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey all,

Are there any trails in Maui. We'll be there in a month.

I heard end of Hana but its technically not legal to trespass?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found out that the road to hana in Maui is completely open.The car rental companies will tell you that its not.Bunch on BS.Looking forward to discovering that side of the island.

·
Registered
492 Posts
We rented a 4 door open top Jeep too in Maui... couldn't find any trails... they all said no tresspassing... private property... gates locked.

However my TOmTom kept trying to navigate me through unpaved roads, but they where locked with gates saying keep out private property.

From what I found out... the Baldwin's own most of Maui which is why alot of these places where closed and locked... sux cause that was the whole reason I rented the Jeep.

Oahu on the other hand has some fun areas. I there are a few OHV places such as Cape Point (I think that is the name) where we managed to get our rental jeep stuck on the beach as the tide was coming in... luckily we got it out just in time. Another place was an OHV are near the North Shore... we went on a day that the rain was pouring... and we found out that 4x4 rental Jeeps + nonaggressive street tires + red hawaiian dirt + mountain + rain = dangerously slippery clay mud trails... we where on the side of the mountain... rain was pouring down the mountain... no grip almost caused the jeep to slide down the side of the mountain... lots of fun and got red clay mud all over the side of the Jeep:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Oahu on the other hand has some fun areas. I there are a few OHV places such as Cape Point (I think that is the name) where we managed to get our rental jeep stuck on the beach as the tide was coming in... luckily we got it out just in time. Another place was an OHV are near the North Shore... we went on a day that the rain was pouring... and we found out that 4x4 rental Jeeps + nonaggressive street tires + red hawaiian dirt + mountain + rain = dangerously slippery clay mud trails... we where on the side of the mountain... rain was pouring down the mountain... no grip almost caused the jeep to slide down the side of the mountain... lots of fun and got red clay mud all over the side of the Jeep:bigthumb:
Cape point??? are you talking about the lighthouse? that area is now all closed off and a state park/hiking picture area.
as for the OHV area You must of got a pass to peac0ck flats. thats the best area on Oahu and sadly the only legal area left. Mokuleia or Mok's on the north shore near Ka ena point is fun but technically illegal. I miss Hawaii:mecry:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Oscar aloha and have fun while you are here most of us are on Oahu, dont forget the sunscreen!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oscar aloha and have fun while you are here most of us are on Oahu, dont forget the sunscreen!
Aloha !!! Looking forward to this trip.Prob the Big Island would offer more trails.:rocker:

·
Registered
452 Posts
:rocker:Going to be getting Maui'd on July 14th.I'll be staying in Maui for 1 week starting on July 9th and will be going to Hilo"Big Island" for the 2nd week.Wasn't able to find a FJC for rent just found a Jeep oh well at least it has 4x4.I would love for a Forum Buddy to show me and new wife some local trails it would be much appreciated.:bigthumb:

Off-Roading on Maui - On the Road - Truck Trend
Contratulations Oscarr! Have a blast and take a bunch of pics for us back in cali :rocker:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts