Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan on sleeping inside the vehicle (we have built a modification to level it) & are wondering if anyone knows if we can install a release mechanism to be able to open the rear hatch from the inside??? The dealer didn't know anything about it as Toyota doesn't make one.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
there is a guy on the IH8MUD.COM forum that has installed a door release as well as one from this forum.....I linked the directions from this forum... Full Directions

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
We plan on sleeping inside the vehicle (we have built a modification to level it) & are wondering if anyone knows if we can install a release mechanism to be able to open the rear hatch from the inside??? The dealer didn't know anything about it as Toyota doesn't make one.
Try this page:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/fj-cruiser-technical-articles/43815-rear-door-inside-release-modification-w-pics.html

This was found in the Technical Articles forum. Great place to browse...

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
ha, faster on the draw.... :)

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Actually, I get better results using Google's advanced search, and punching in fjcruiserforums.com as the domain.

There have been times when I knew there was an article about something I was looking for, and the forum search couldn't find it. BUT, Google did...

·
Registered
660 Posts
it is a very easy install took less than hour...make sure and pay attention to where you're drilling because you can only drill once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts