Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lee suggested he wanted to wheel sometime this week or Sunday. I think Sunday would be best for most people.

Maybe my little spot early and then head out towards Zhills (backroads shortcut) for a different spot.

Maybe a 9 or 10 am Meeting spot around, NORTHEAST Tampa. If there is enough interest I would put a meeting spot. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wish I could. Hit me up if you plan to go anytime after March. I should have some free time by then.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I'm in for a few hours in the morning...I have other plans made for the early afternoon.

It would be great to see you and Lee and hang out a little.

I checked in with FJpescador (Bret) to see if he wanted to go...He has other plans.

So let me know where to meet!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well how about near the;

"Five Guys Burgers & Fries"
2702 E Fowler Ave
Tampa, Florida 33612
(813) 977-4400

five guys - Google Maps

Which is better 9am or 10 am?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
It would be nice if Five Brothers were open for buisness that early...How about we get some breakfast somewhere? Meet at 9a.m. then chow than wheel! :bigthumb: I don't plan on rolling out of bed to early on my day off..and the drive over for me will be at least 30 or 40 minutes.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can still meet at Five Guys, same place at

9 AM

and after we meet there;

we go right behind it and there is a nice Breakfast Place called "First Watch."

We have had breakfast there a couple of times, it was pretty good. :bigthumb:

Or just a bit down the road farther, is a McDonalds.... lol

Sound okay? Deal?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
O.K. I will be there at 9 a.m.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. I will be there at 9 a.m.
I passed Justin on the road today, and he said he might try and make it also.

I even tried to get CtheProducer to bring his Tundra, but he does not fly in until the afternoon. Really, he is just scared to wheel that beast with us FJCs.... j/k lol

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I passed Justin on the road today, and he said he might try and make it also.

I even tried to get CtheProducer to bring his Tundra, but he does not fly in until the afternoon. Really, he is just scared to wheel that beast with us FJCs.... j/k lol
That would be awesome if Justin shows up...The man has no fear...well maybe more than you...but he's really pushing it for a 4X2 :lol:

I doubt Corey will ever take that Tundra offroad...his lady would Kill Him!
I thought he was settled down and ready to start a family??? :lol:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would be awesome if Justin shows up...The man has no fear...well maybe more than you...but he's really pushing it for a 4X2 :lol:

I doubt Corey will ever take that Tundra offroad...his lady would Kill Him!
I thought he was settled down and ready to start a family??? :lol:
Didn't you know, Justin bought a new 4x4 FJC! No more 4x2 wheelie king for him. lol :cheers: Same color and everything.

I was teasing Corey on Facebook the other day and he said he WOULD drive the Tundra through the North Pond.... Yeah right, we will see, I have not seen it off road yet. :boohoo: Oh, I just thought, I should tell him about the TacomaWorld Citrus meeting. I am not touching that other statement..... bwaaaa haaaa haaa.

BTW: I talked to Lee and he will meet us by Five Guys also.

One, other thought, we might be able to hit one other small quick spot after my favorite spot. I can't say more here, but we can talk about it tomorrow.

PaulThePhotographer
WonderfulPhotography

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Didn't you know, Justin bought a new 4x4 FJC! No more 4x2 wheelie king for him. lol :cheers: Same color and everything.

I was teasing Corey on Facebook the other day and he said he WOULD drive the Tundra through the North Pond.... Yeah right, we will see, I have not seen it off road yet. :boohoo: Oh, I just thought, I should tell him about the TacomaWorld Citrus meeting. I am not touching that other statement..... bwaaaa haaaa haaa.

BTW: I talked to Lee and he will meet us by Five Guys also.

One, other thought, we might be able to hit one other small quick spot after my favorite spot. I can't say more here, but we can talk about it tomorrow.

PaulThePhotographer
WonderfulPhotography
No way...Justin traded up for a 4X4 FJ! Holy SH*T...I will let you men Kill yourselves as your Both Crazy and Dangerous! :lol: Hey Paul...just set your cam up for me to shoot some vid of this "Epic Ride" :lol:

Guess I see you all early...And If there's time we can check the other place out :bigthumb:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well well well, i see how it is!!! Haha i smell a challenge!!!!

Truthfully I have been to busy to do any wheelin, hell even web wheelin for that matter! But things are a little calmer now and i will tying to meet up with you guys, miss hanging out and having fun.

You guys are about to sit down for breakfast but i am still driving in the Ohio snow. Hope you guys get crazy out there and film/video it!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well well well, i see how it is!!! Haha i smell a challenge!!!!

Truthfully I have been to busy to do any wheelin, hell even web wheelin for that matter! But things are a little calmer now and i will tying to meet up with you guys, miss hanging out and having fun.

You guys are about to sit down for breakfast but i am still driving in the Ohio snow. Hope you guys get crazy out there and film/video it!!!
Well I just go home! Whew!!! Some crazy and fun times!

Thanks everyone for the good time. And I will have the photos up later.

Corey, I would have let you drive my FJC just so you could remember the pucker factor feelings that some of those spots have. lol :stickpoke: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
O.K. just a few pics to share...It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. You could not have asked for a better day as the sun was shining and the temperature was above 65 F.

Paul lead us to several micro spots and then to RRR...I'm sure there will be more pictures to follow with a better description of the action. The mud was real thick & deep and the Fj's just seemed to dig their way thru it...Now the Jeeps had a difficult time and some got stuck...I'm sure others have pics to share :lol:

This place has a bunch of technical stuff packed into a small area...I got into a situation where I needed a spot and assistance from Paul to help me out. I'm not sure anybody got a picture but I was real close to rolling it over and my right rear tire was far into the air where you could stand under it :bandit:

Paul in the Voodo blue, Lee in the Iceburg, and Jason in the pretty much stock Black...The Jeep guys...they are new and I didn't want to mess up matching there names to there trucks...maybe Lee can chime in.

Anyway...I had a great time and It was good to see Ya'll again! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O.K. just a few pics to share...It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. You could not have asked for a better day as the sun was shining and the temperature was above 65 F.

Paul lead us to several micro spots and then to RRR...I'm sure there will be more pictures to follow with a better description of the action. The mud was real thick & deep and the Fj's just seemed to dig their way thru it...Now the Jeeps had a difficult time and some got stuck...I'm sure others have pics to share :lol:

This place has a bunch of technical stuff packed into a small area...I got into a situation where I needed a spot and assistance from Paul to help me out. I'm not sure anybody got a picture but I was real close to rolling it over and my right rear tire was far into the air where you could stand under it :bandit:

Paul in the Voodo blue, Lee in the Iceburg, and Jason in the pretty much stock Black...The Jeep guys...they are new and I didn't want to mess up matching there names to there trucks...maybe Lee can chime in.

Anyway...I had a great time and It was good to see Ya'll again! :cheers:
Thanks for the great Photos Howard.

I have been real busy with a really big project, so I have not even started on the photos. :mecry:

Also Lee stopped by and I downloaded his cool videos from that little video camera. Hopefully in a day or two I can finish the photos and videos. :boohoo::jester:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Reading through this thread is what makes my Job Hard and really makes me wonder why I still do it... I wish I could have gone, it really looks like you all had a blast!
Howard,
Glad to hear you didnt do a roof flop! That would have been a good photo.. But...
Please post pics for those that can currently only web wheel through this forum.

maybe next year!:cheers:

·
Registered
878 Posts
wish i could have made it out, but i spent the weekend under my girlfriends car... :cowfrown:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Thanks for the great Photos Howard.

I have been real busy with a really big project, so I have not even started on the photos. :mecry:

Also Lee stopped by and I downloaded his cool videos from that little video camera. Hopefully in a day or two I can finish the photos and videos. :boohoo::jester:
Thats cool...I'm in no real hurry maybe a little anxious though! :lol:

Reading through this thread is what makes my Job Hard and really makes me wonder why I still do it... I wish I could have gone, it really looks like you all had a blast!
Howard,
Glad to hear you didnt do a roof flop! That would have been a good photo.. But...
Please post pics for those that can currently only web wheel through this forum. maybe next year!:cheers:

Hey Greg, I know exactly how you feel...I'm also scanning new threads for trail rides and all the great pictures that gets posted. It can become depressing sitting a thousand miles away from home....with a fj sitting in the driveway and your watching everybody else having fun :mecry:

wish i could have made it out, but i spent the weekend under my girlfriends car... :cowfrown:
Hey Justin, congrats on your new FJ! :cheers: We all will miss extracting you from mud or high centered situations :lol: You gave us all the practice in recovery operations :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Was that the same girlfriend, from Hard Rock, in that car behind you? Dang, if I knew that, I would have run her off the road the other day, for disrespecting her elders and doing this to me on the away back from Hard Rock! :rofl: (BTW: if this is a different GF, I will delete this part.)

BTW: Justin you can call me anytime you would like to go, even right after you get off work, and we can hit it up real quick. That is what Corey did lots of times, he would give me a 30 minute heads up and I was usually able to meet him there.

Thats cool...I'm in no real hurry maybe a little anxious though! :lol:
Oh I'm sorry, my camera doesn't shoot silver FJCs. Silver FJCs are like vampires they don't show up in mirrors or cameras..... LOL. :lol: Maybe tonight!

Hey Greg, I know exactly how you feel...I'm also scanning new threads for trail rides and all the great pictures that gets posted. It can become depressing sitting a thousand miles away from home....with a fj sitting in the driveway and your watching everybody else having fun :mecry:
I have a special Folder that I have placed many files that show the locations I would love to go wheel in the FJC. All all over the USA. Not photos of wheeling, but Maps, locations, KMZ files, trails and such.

Hey Justin, congrats on your new FJ! :cheers: We all will miss extracting you from mud or high centered situations :lol: You gave us all the practice in recovery operations :lol::lol::lol:
I am not sure I understand this. :)

I was forever trying to get him and his 4x2 stuck whenever he was following me, in lots of radical places. I did things like making him stop in deep sand and hoping he would get stuck. I don't think I actually EVER got him stuck by trying like that though. aarrghhh :rofl:

And I tried a lot. lol :bigthumb: The only time I remember him stuck, was the "Richloam Rescue." And he did that when he was all by himself, while trying to get to another FJC to rescue. :cheers:

But I just think he does NOT know how to drive the FJC now that is is a 4x4 now. Watch him get stuck even more now..... That would be funny. lol :stickpoke: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
quote;Paul said

I am not sure I understand this. :)

I was forever trying to get him and his 4x2 stuck whenever he was following me, in lots of radical places. I did things like making him stop in deep sand and hoping he would get stuck. I don't think I actually EVER got him stuck by trying like that though. aarrghhh :rofl:

And I tried a lot. lol :bigthumb: The only time I remember him stuck, was the "Richloam Rescue." And he did that when he was all by himself, while trying to get to another FJC to rescue. :cheers:

But I just think he does NOT know how to drive the FJC now that is is a 4x4 now. Watch him get stuck even more now..... That would be funny. lol :stickpoke: :bigthumb:[/QUOTE]

Howard says;

Well...there was a few trail rides that you missed...One that I remember was near Orlando...Justin seemed to drive thru most of the hard chit...to only get stuck on nothing :lol:

Well I guess he is going to have to come out and prove himself all over again :lol: I'm sure once he reads our comments...he will be ready to show us up!:ninja: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts