Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
yes, it would be cool if the event took place somewhere between LA and SD. That is a hell of a long drive up to Hungry Valley. Awesome idea though.
Almost exactly half way between San Fran, and San Diego

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great idea I would try my darndest to attend this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow the response to this is bigger than I thought it would be. It sounds like you guys want me to start planning this with the SoCal Nor cal run or at least push it a little harder, I can do that, but if someone has already done the work or is feeling there toes stepped on please don't hesitate to PM me and tell me to STFU.

TIME:
Ok so I get the impression that the 28-30th is a good date for most? The only problem I see is that is really soon. But let’s stick with that date for now as most of you have said it works.

Vendors:
I just got off the phone with Dylan from ICON vehicle Dynamics, he said he is in. He has allot of knowledge on driving and or trail repairs. I might be able to talk him into doing a little education on how shocks work too. I can talk to Marlin of Marlin crawler and see if he has some time availiable to lend some of his knowledge. He is one of the most knowledgeable buys in offroading. When ever I wheel with him we play a game called pick up a random broken part on the trail and see if he can tell you where it came from. 9 times out of 10 he can figure it out. Then again he could be wrong we would never know.

As for a place. If I'm being nominated to find a place to have a get together and or offroad demo. We need to choose very carefully. Alot of off road locations in California are super restrictive on what you can and can not do there as an organized group.
I would need help from all of you for a couple things first off let’s pick a place and second we would need help securing that location. I haven't been to the nor cal area very much so I don't know allot of these places you are referring too.
I like Pismo because it will allow for a larger crowd but I don't like it because well it's just sand:) Can you guys send me links and or any information on any other places? Infact if you have anther suggestion please post it up! The only place local to me I can think of that is fairly large group friendly is Calico http://www.calicotown.com/, we can have a huge group there and the terrain allows for different kind of driving. It's more central to AZ and Nevada if any of those guys would like to come?

Tell me what you guys think and post it up.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Maybe the 2 threads should be merged. I'm going back and forth just to see if anything new happened.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Doesn't matter to me as both threads are subscribed, but for those new to the thread, they might get a little confused and you'll have to say whatever you said twice. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm confused...:silly:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi Jason,

We had the same confusion problem with multiple threads on the NorCal-SoCal meet.... so now there is just one, in the Trails Section:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-runs-get-togethers/50362-poppy-fields-run-march-28th-30th-norcal-socal-not-other-thread.html#post873623

Hope you can make it! I know some people were looking forward to some Demello training. :) Hey, if we pre-order sliders, can we get an install party at Hungry Valley? :cowsmile: saves on shipping! :D
I think I'm going to plan for an event down here around the middle of May, stay tunned.

I might be able to make it too yours, PM me some information about where it's at. I could do a small demostration on the CV repair and maybe some basic stuff. We could do some slider installs, I'm just not sure where I'm going to put them for the trip up there:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
There seems to be a lot of interest in this; and rightly so, it’s great stuff. I wonder if there is enough interest to support sales of a DVD. Bill Burke’s “Getting Unstuck” (for those who have no seen it) is a great generic DVD on the subjects of winching, yanking, and other methods of recovery, but a Toyota specific DVD on trailside repairs mentioned in the very first post would sure seem to me to be a must have.
Jon

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Hi Jason,

We had the same confusion problem with multiple threads on the NorCal-SoCal meet.... so now there is just one, in the Trails Section:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/trail-runs-get-togethers/50362-poppy-fields-run-march-28th-30th-norcal-socal-not-other-thread.html#post873623

Hope you can make it! I know some people were looking forward to some Demello training. :) Hey, if we pre-order sliders, can we get an install party at Hungry Valley? :cowsmile: saves on shipping! :D
I have to stop by Jason's shop soon. If you want, I can pick up your sliders and bring them to Hungry Valley. Just say the word! :)

M

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
There seems to be a lot of interest in this; and rightly so, it’s great stuff. I wonder if there is enough interest to support sales of a DVD. Bill Burke’s “Getting Unstuck” (for those who have no seen it) is a great generic DVD on the subjects of winching, yanking, and other methods of recovery, but a Toyota specific DVD on trailside repairs mentioned in the very first post would sure seem to me to be a must have.
Jon
I'm no Bill Burke, I'm just want to help you guys help your selves:boohoo: I'm working on a winching demostration as well.

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I'm no Bill Burke, I'm just want to help you guys help your selves:boohoo: I'm working on a winching demostration as well.
You certainly don't have Bill's hair! ;)

The winch demo is a great idea. You can't have too many of those. The Trail Team is supposed to be doing one next weekend at the BBQ down here as well. Are you coming to that?

M

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You certainly don't have Bill's hair! ;)

The winch demo is a great idea. You can't have too many of those. The Trail Team is supposed to be doing one next weekend at the BBQ down here as well. Are you coming to that?

M
Not this weekend but next? I didn't know anything about it? Details?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't underestimate yourself, Bill Burke is no Brad Pitt. It's the skills your demonstrating, and you sound as skilled as anyone to do that demonstration.
Jon

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I might be able to make it too yours, PM me some information about where it's at. I could do a small demostration on the CV repair and maybe some basic stuff. We could do some slider installs, I'm just not sure where I'm going to put them for the trip up there:)
How bout' you demonstrate how to install the DO rear bumper on my rig. I'd be happy to volunteer for that.:thinkerg:

21 - 40 of 105 Posts